Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

39 minutes ago, Big T said:

Got a chance to see Penix Jr. QB for Washington. I would love for the Jets to draft this kid, watch his game, he has intangibles and a killer arm. 

I think he will be good. I think Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. I just have that feeling he is going to struggle big time. I'm glad Levis is getting starts. I really liked him and wanted him last year. 

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

He will be way out of reach 

Yeah. As long as Rodgers comes back, a FRP QB is off the board. Even if he was not coming back, getting a FRP QB while ignoring the OL is, well, what the Jets have always done. And, no, thinking a FA or day 2-3 pick will be good enough is fools gold.

Fix OL first. Then worry about QB. Seems pretty obvious to me. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah. As long as Rodgers comes back, a FRP QB is off the board. Even if he was not coming back, getting a FRP QB while ignoring the OL is, well, what the Jets have always done. And, no, thinking a FA or day 2-3 pick will be good enough is fools gold.

Fix OL first. Then worry about QB. Seems pretty obvious to me. 

If Penix fell to our pick Im taking him 100%. Don’t care about Rodgers, don’t care about the offensive line. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Josh Dobbs has the same amount of TDs on the Vikings than Zach Wilson has on the year. 

Ryan Leaf level bust 

I'm so tired of watching other teams find decent QBs literally everywhere. I'm starting to hate Saleh because it doesn't matter who we add, he's not benching Wilson until it's too late. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm so tired of watching other teams find decent QBs literally everywhere. I'm starting to hate Saleh because it doesn't matter who we add, he's not benching Wilson until it's too late. 

Based on his comments in that interview last week and his demeanor on the sideline, I really don’t think it’s his choice.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Based on his comments in that interview last week and his demeanor on the sideline, I really don’t think it’s his choice.

Because of his comments over the years, I believe it's him. I honestly don't care to save anyone's job anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Because of his comments over the years, I believe it's him. I honestly don't care to save anyone's job anymore. 

I feel like it’s Douglas driving it, but they are probably in lockstep on it. He’s going to cost both of them their jobs eventually.

I think Rodgers will come back next year, it won’t play out nearly the way the Jets hope, and everyone is gone at the end of 2024.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I feel like it’s Douglas driving it, but they are probably in lockstep on it. He’s going to cost both of them their jobs eventually.

I think Rodgers will come back next year, it won’t play out nearly the way the Jets hope, and everyone is gone at the end of 2024.

I blame Saleh because in year 1, he forced Wilson back out there after 3 other QBs outperformed him. He put Wilson above winning. Year 2, when Mike White was about to start, Saleh said his goal was to get Wilson back on the field that season instead of just simply supporting White. I won't blame them 100% for this season because it was supposed to be Rodgers, but I know Wilson will start until Rodgers return or the boos break the team. JD at least added vet QBs to select from. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

KJ Jefferson in Round 3 please.  Had a terrible OC this season so he's out of the 1st round convo.  He has a ton of starts under his belts.  No more QBs who have 1-2 seasons.

Definitely worth a shot. I like the idea of developing him, Ward, or Milton if they all enter.