Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

YOU ARE SURE RIGHT ON THIS POST i REMEMBER HOW MANY GUYS ON THIS BOARD WANTED WIRFS OVER BECTON,I REMEMBER WHEN BOBBY 816 WENT NUTS WHEN WE PICKED BECTON OVER WIRFS. THIS OFFENSIVE LINE HAS BEEN A MAJOR PROBLELM FOR THE LAST THREE OR FOUR YEARS. THERE IS HARDLY A WEEK GOES BY THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THIS TERRIBLE O LINE.

WHY IS THE FRONT OFFICE SO STUBORN ABOUT THE FAILLURE OF ZACH WILSON. THEY JUST CAN'T ADMIT THEY WERE SO WRONG WHEN THEY DRAFTED WILSON. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ONLY ONE WR ON THE ROSTER AND THATS G WILSON ALL THE REST ARE GARBAGE. FRIDAY SURE IS GOING TO BE A REAL BLACK FRIDAY FOR THE JETS WHEN WE PLAY ON FRIDAY.

WITH THE JETS ONLY HAVING A FIRST AND THIRD ROUND PICK IN THE 2024 DRAFT OUR FUTURE LOOKS DIM FOR A STRONG DRAFT LIKE THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. AND IF YOU TELL ME WE ARE GOING TO DRAFT A WR IN THE FOURTH ROUND AND DEVELOP HIM THE IS FLAT OUT BS, WR ARE BORN NOT DEVEOPED.

13 hours ago, doumeyer said:

WHY IS THE FRONT OFFICE SO STUBORN ABOUT THE FAILLURE OF ZACH WILSON

Most teams are not so quick to throw in the towel on such a high draft pick. They drafted him #2 so they obviously believed he has the talent to succeed. But the biggest issue is that he was put into a situation that no QB could succeed in.

The point is that they feel he can be successful if we had a competent OL, WR’s and OC. We have none of that so it is hard to truly say Zach just sucks. The whole O just sucks and to evaluate any individual based on the collective offensive suckage is tough. Had Zach been put behind a good OL with decent WR and an OC that has a clue AND he looked this bad, it would be easy to say the problem is Zach. Thus, they hesitate to pull the plug.

Any chance to NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS?  It makes your post difficult to read. 

• Like 3

Rodgers is back in the building but no update on when he'll be able to practice. My playoff hope is out the window, but it would be amazing just to witness him come back and maybe provide hope for next season. Could get back Duane Brown, Mekhi Becton and Wes Schweitzer this week. That would help a little. 

I'll either place some bets and watch the game or go be productive. lol The Jets look like Dragon Ball Z fighters getting killed until Goku shows up. 

I don't think it matters anymore what we do. We can go for a high draft pick, and fail once again. We can be bold and go after an all-time great, and that will fail again. We can do everything in between those two extremes and fail yet again. It is the Jet way, my friends. There is no hiding it. The curse is real, and by all accounts is not going away anytime soon.

So at this point, there is no "right" approach going forward. There is what we want, what will happen and the end result...which will ultimately suck because we are the Jets after all. 

Embrace the suffering, and brace yourselves for more epic, spectacular fails.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't think it matters anymore what we do. We can go for a high draft pick, and fail once again. We can be bold and go after an all-time great, and that will fail again. We can do everything in between those two extremes and fail yet again. It is the Jet way, my friends. There is no hiding it. The curse is real, and by all accounts is not going away anytime soon.

So at this point, there is no "right" approach going forward. There is what we want, what will happen and the end result...which will ultimately suck because we are the Jets after all. 

Embrace the suffering, and brace yourselves for more epic, spectacular fails.

I need a tutor to quit being a Jet fan. lol

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

lol they are going with Boyle again

I'm shocked that this one isn't going to Siemien. 

I also think that, while Rodgers shouldn't play this season since we are out of it, there is immense pressure on them to get him in their in order to make a decision on Hackett and Saleh.  If Aaron goes in and the offense works it helps make the decision to stick with he current coaching staff into next year. If he goes in and they struggle, it becomes super obvious that they need to clean house. 

Where do we start in righting this ship called the N.Y.Jets? First let us look at the positives, we have B.Hall, G.Wilson, and Sauce. We have a top 5 DL and frankly a few pieces we might be able to trade and obtain some much needed draft capitol. 

We have a Hall of Fame QB, who is coming back next year, and which gives the Jets a chance at the playoffs if healthy.

Ruckert and Conklin I can live with, and we have a potential home run hitter in Izzy A. at RB.

We have a few potential players in Charles and Brownlee. The O line has Tippmann going forward at C.

AVT will be returning next year to solidify the OL. 

I'm sure I'm missing a few guys, but that's the crux of it. Now let's take a look at what we don't have and what we need.

Most fans would say OT, and that's hard to argue against, others another WR who can compliment G.Wilson, a game changing WR. That too makes sense and they are interchangeable as to importance going forward.

We have no future QB currently on this team, some might argue, if Rodgers goes down next year (not out of the question with the current state of the OL) the Jets need, oh let me emphasize" NEED " a backup QB not on the current roster.

The Jets need to draft a QB but who knows where or when. 

OT or 2 , WR or 2, QB, G, the needs are not just players, but immediate starters. J.D. needs to shy away for players pushing 40 something, who were all pros 7 times in the past, and paying them 11 million a season just to have them injured for 2 years.

Healthy scratches like Carl Lawson, who though he took a pay cut, still makes what 9 million a year.

D.Cook 7 million a year, and can't even get on the field, he's a former great RB, but as of now, just another mistake.

Randle Cobb, is mothballed, he's so ineffectual he's buried so far back on the depth chart you would need a expedition to find him. Uzomah gets paid how much to do what?

We can go into the revolving door Max Mitchell has become, or how although Becton has played most of the year and has been reliable, we forget or are unknowledgeable about how low he rates compared to other OT in the league. 

So let's face it, we were so enamored with the idea of having A.R. and all the new toys the Jets amassed, but lets be clear, Lazard, Cobb, and Cook have been nothing less than catastrophic for this team.

So, I think I'm out until the draft, the only thing that we as fans can look forward to is just how many more games the Jets will lose, and where they will draft. 

That being the case, there is no reason for me to watch a team which has no identity or a coaching staff which is solution less.

27 minutes ago, Big T said:

Where do we start in righting this ship called the N.Y.Jets? First let us look at the positives, we have B.Hall, G.Wilson, and Sauce. We have a top 5 DL and frankly a few pieces we might be able to trade and obtain some much needed draft capitol. 

We have a Hall of Fame QB, who is coming back next year, and which gives the Jets a chance at the playoffs if healthy.

Ruckert and Conklin I can live with, and we have a potential home run hitter in Izzy A. at RB.

We have a few potential players in Charles and Brownlee. The O line has Tippmann going forward at C.

AVT will be returning next year to solidify the OL. 

I'm sure I'm missing a few guys, but that's the crux of it. Now let's take a look at what we don't have and what we need.

Most fans would say OT, and that's hard to argue against, others another WR who can compliment G.Wilson, a game changing WR. That too makes sense and they are interchangeable as to importance going forward.

We have no future QB currently on this team, some might argue, if Rodgers goes down next year (not out of the question with the current state of the OL) the Jets need, oh let me emphasize" NEED " a backup QB not on the current roster.

The Jets need to draft a QB but who knows where or when. 

OT or 2 , WR or 2, QB, G, the needs are not just players, but immediate starters. J.D. needs to shy away for players pushing 40 something, who were all pros 7 times in the past, and paying them 11 million a season just to have them injured for 2 years.

Healthy scratches like Carl Lawson, who though he took a pay cut, still makes what 9 million a year.

D.Cook 7 million a year, and can't even get on the field, he's a former great RB, but as of now, just another mistake.

Randle Cobb, is mothballed, he's so ineffectual he's buried so far back on the depth chart you would need a expedition to find him. Uzomah gets paid how much to do what?

We can go into the revolving door Max Mitchell has become, or how although Becton has played most of the year and has been reliable, we forget or are unknowledgeable about how low he rates compared to other OT in the league. 

So let's face it, we were so enamored with the idea of having A.R. and all the new toys the Jets amassed, but lets be clear, Lazard, Cobb, and Cook have been nothing less than catastrophic for this team.

So, I think I'm out until the draft, the only thing that we as fans can look forward to is just how many more games the Jets will lose, and where they will draft. 

That being the case, there is no reason for me to watch a team which has no identity or a coaching staff which is solution less.

WHAT HAPPENS IF A 40-YEAR-OLD ARRON RODGERS DOES NOT COME BACK FOR THE 2024 SEASON.  THE DOOR has BEEN SHUT FOR ZACH WILSON FOR GOOD AT THE END OF THIS YEAR, THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS A TOTAL JOKE.  WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET A NEW QB, WE BLOW OUR CHANCE WHEN WE DRAFTED SAM DARNOLD #3 IN THE DRAFT AND ZACH WILSON #2 IN THE DRAFT.   WHAT MAKES MATTERS WORST WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A SECOND ROUND PICK IN THE 2024 DRAFT. THIS YEAR IN ANOTHER YEAR WHERE WE HAVE ANOTHER LATER SEASON CRASH.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSON HOW WE ENDED UP WITH ONLY ONE WR WE HAVE ABSOLUTEY NOTHING ELSE ON OUR ROSTER THE REST OF THE WR ARE PURE GARBAGE.

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'm shocked that this one isn't going to Siemien. 

I also think that, while Rodgers shouldn't play this season since we are out of it, there is immense pressure on them to get him in their in order to make a decision on Hackett and Saleh.  If Aaron goes in and the offense works it helps make the decision to stick with he current coaching staff into next year. If he goes in and they struggle, it becomes super obvious that they need to clean house. 

I think it is obvious now that we need to clean house. How does Douglas keep his job? We have wasted three years on a complete bust in Wilson. That is on him. Then when people argue, "well Wilson never had a chance with this offensive line"...once again, that is on him. Yeah, we have nice young pieces that Douglas drafted. Thank you, Joe. Now there's the door sir. Enough already.

Also, Saleh has no bearing on Rodgers. Rodgers is offense. Saleh is defense. Saleh as a DC is great. Saleh as a HC? Not so great. 

I think the Johnsons need to sit down with Rodgers this off-season and discuss the future. Ask him to commit to the team for the next two seasons. Let him know that we are moving on from Douglas, Saleh and Hackett. The results have not been there, and this is a results-oriented business. Also let him know Cobb, Lazard, Cook and Uzomah are not coming back. Let him know that Devante Adams is on our radar, but he cannot cost a first-round pick to acquire. We cannot afford that. We need that first because we are still a BAD football team. Going "all in" does not work. 

If Aaron does not like this scenario, he can go on a retreat, retire and become another mouthpiece joining Brady, Romo et al in the booth.

As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he cannot cure this epically bad offense. Nathaniel Hackett is a hack. He does not deserve to spend one more day as an offensive coordinator in this league. Aaron can still be his friend, no matter what. But get Hackett the bleep away from this team.

The last thing we need is to run this thing back with this cast of idiots.  

5 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Im siting here wondering had Belidick not let the stealers trade up and we drafted Broderick Jones how much it might have changed the season for us. Maybe not at all but maybe a little.

We are the Jets. Broderick Jones would have become Carter Warren. It is what we do.