Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

18 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on bringing in a young QB like Davis Mills or Kyle Trask? Mills could sit another year behind Rodgers and then I think can be more than competent. Then we can take a mid 1st- early 2nd QB to develop without throwing them into the lineup. This would allow us to draft offensive talent. 

Still need to make a trade.

Here's the truth, the Jets win the Bills game on a return, otherwise they probably would have lost that game.

The Cowboys, Patriots and Chiefs beat us (a game we should have won)

1-3 should have been 0-4

We beat the Broncos, the Eagles beat themselves on an INT and haven't lost since, and the Giants game was a gift to us, a game we clearly should have lost.

After which we go on a 4 game losing streak to the Chargers, Raiders, Bills and Miami.

So in reality we should be a team with 2 wins, the teams we should have beaten we lost to, which adds to the downward spiral.

But the last 2 games have been blowouts, we haven't even been competitive. 

I think as fan's we bought into the notion, that even with a mediocre offense, with this defense, we will be in games. 

News flash, our run defense is terrible, and it's been terrible for the past 3 years. 

Wake up to our new reality, this team is nowhere as good as we thought collectively before A.R. got hurt, and guess what, it would have been just as bad with him. 

The only difference is perhaps we would have been a 500 team, PERHAPS, that is of course he wasn't killed during the season with our terrible OL.

5 hours ago, Big T said:

Here's the truth, the Jets win the Bills game on a return, otherwise they probably would have lost that game.

The Cowboys, Patriots and Chiefs beat us (a game we should have won)

1-3 should have been 0-4

We beat the Broncos, the Eagles beat themselves on an INT and haven't lost since, and the Giants game was a gift to us, a game we clearly should have lost.

After which we go on a 4 game losing streak to the Chargers, Raiders, Bills and Miami.

So in reality we should be a team with 2 wins, the teams we should have beaten we lost to, which adds to the downward spiral.

But the last 2 games have been blowouts, we haven't even been competitive. 

I think as fan's we bought into the notion, that even with a mediocre offense, with this defense, we will be in games. 

News flash, our run defense is terrible, and it's been terrible for the past 3 years. 

Wake up to our new reality, this team is nowhere as good as we thought collectively before A.R. got hurt, and guess what, it would have been just as bad with him. 

The only difference is perhaps we would have been a 500 team, PERHAPS, that is of course he wasn't killed during the season with our terrible OL.

This is not true. I was told on this very forum we are SB contenders with Rodgers 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway, I have wrestled with whether or not Jets should clean the house.

Clean the house:

Fire JD

Fire Saleh

Fire all staffs from top to bottom

Trade Rodgers to Raiders

giphy.gif

It’s extremely hard to justify keeping them given their miserable W/L record, but they all get a free pass to try again with Rodgers. 

The only way I can see this happening is to lose out 

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway, I have wrestled with whether or not Jets should clean the house.

Clean the house:

Fire JD

Fire Saleh

Fire all staffs from top to bottom

Trade Rodgers to Raiders

giphy.gif

I dont hate this just for the fact that I really would love to just scrap the Rodgers plan. It didn't work and I dont think he was saving us even if he didn't get hurt. Part of me still wants to believe in Saleh and Douglas though. Rodgers was just a mistake for what it cost and now having the worst OC ever and a pathetic WR we can't cut till after next year. On top of draft picks and a new contract. We overrated this team. It was never a QB away from a super bowl contender. Something has to change here.

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I dont hate this just for the fact that I really would love to just scrap the Rodgers plan. It didn't work and I dont think he was saving us even if he didn't get hurt. Part of me still wants to believe in Saleh and Douglas though. Rodgers was just a mistake for what it cost and now having the worst OC ever and a pathetic WR we can't cut till after next year. On top of draft picks and a new contract. We overrated this team. It was never a QB away from a super bowl contender. Something has to change here.

I was just thinking the same thing this morning, what happens if this whole Rodgers, thing blows up our faces.it will set the Jets back another three years. we have to restock the whole offensive team except for our RB's. The question is do we have the draft picks to do this, and the cap money to bring in top FA's. I don't so

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I was just thinking the same thing this morning, what happens if this whole Rodgers, thing blows up our faces.it will set the Jets back another three years. we have to restock the whole offensive team except for our RB's. The question is do we have the draft picks to do this, and the cap money to bring in top FA's. I don't so

We are a QB and OL away from a complete team. If Rodger's plays next season, we are pretty much there, if not, then we are only as close to competing as we are in having a capable QB - so 1, 2 or 20 years away.

8 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We are a QB and OL away from a complete team. If Rodger's plays next season, we are pretty much there, if not, then we are only as close to competing as we are in having a capable QB - so 1, 2 or 20 years away.

It's hard to believe but we still have six games to play, it seems like this season will never end. I have no idea how we can get out of this mess we are in. WHO DO WE BLALME FOR THIS MESS WE ARE IN?  It has to be the two-super high QB's we drafted in the last five years. What did we really know about Z. Wilson before we drafted him? 

14 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Don't let the pessimism fool you. We are 100% contenders with Rodgers. The AFC is wide open.

I was pessimistic about the Rodgers trade before it happened lol it’s not even about the AFC, it’s about the Jets being a dumpster fire. They need a lot more than 2022 Rodgers who was a middle of the pack QB. Maybe they make the playoffs. Contending for a Super Bowl not a chance 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

It's hard to believe but we still have six games to play, it seems like this season will never end. I have no idea how we can get out of this mess we are in. WHO DO WE BLALME FOR THIS MESS WE ARE IN?  It has to be the two-super high QB's we drafted in the last five years. What did we really know about Z. Wilson before we drafted him? 

Well the GM has a worse winning % than Mike Macagnan, probably a good place to start