Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

Colts Assistant General Manager Ed Dodds should be top candidate to replace Joe Douglas if elected to fire him.

I just learned that Dodds was one of Saleh's top choices as GM if he took HC gig with a team that sought for GM replacement.  Since a lot of Douglas' players didn't do well enough to earn Saleh's trust, I figure now is the time to evaluate GM-HC relationship.  I really don't care if both answer directly to the ownership.  Losing too many players under one head coach suggests Douglas isn't able to assemble the team well for Saleh.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Colts Assistant General Manager Ed Dodds should be top candidate to replace Joe Douglas if elected to fire him.

I just learned that Dodds was one of Saleh's top choices as GM if he took HC gig with a team that sought for GM replacement.  Since a lot of Douglas' players didn't do well enough to earn Saleh's trust, I figure now is the time to evaluate GM-HC relationship.  I really don't care if both answer directly to the ownership.  Losing too many players under one head coach suggests Douglas isn't able to assemble the team well for Saleh.

SALEH SCHOUD BE WOORIED ABOUT HIS JOB NOT WHO HE WANTS TO BE THE JETS NEW GM, HE HAS BEEN A SUB 500 TEAM SINCE HE HAS BEEN THE JETS HEAD COACH.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Man I’m so sick of the excuses everyone wants to make for this team. Backups playing all over the league and none of their offenses look completely broken like the Jets. It’s pathetic 

It pisses me off our elite defense/DL looks pedestrian against back up OLs. But EVERY game the opposing DL is able to destroy our line. 

And then Tommy DeVito is able to at least score a TD or two each game. 

55 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

In Bills-Eagles game, Kelce flinched and Eagles had to burn timeout to prevent 10 second run off. In a few plays later, he flinched again and Eagles had no timeout left but there was no 10 second run off.    Did I miss something?

Clock was not running, so no 10 second runoff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It pisses me off our elite defense/DL looks pedestrian against back up OLs. But EVERY game the opposing DL is able to destroy our line. 

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

i ALSO HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF ALL THE EXCUSESS FOR THIS HORRIBLE TEAM

WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET THE PLAYERS TO FILL ALL THE HOLES WE HAVE ON THE OFFENSIVE IN 2024 ?

RODGERS IS COMING BACK FROM A SERIOUS INJURY, AND HE IS FORTY YEARS OLD, AND WHAT DO WE EXCEPT FROM HIM ONE YEAR AND DONE. ZACH WILSON IS DONE IN THE NFL; HE HAS BEEN BENCHED TWICE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS.

WE NEED ANOTHER OFFENSIVE TACKLE AND ANOTHER OFFENSVIE GUARD.

WE WILL NEED TWO MORE WR'S, RIGHT NOW G.WILSON IS OUR ONLY WR WE HAVE ALL THESE OTHER BUMS THAT CALL THEM SELVES WR'S ARE A JOKE.

HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO ALL THIS WITH ONLY A #N1 & THE THIRD PICK IN THE DRAFT? AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME WE ARE GOING TO GET PLALYERS IN THE FOURTH & FIFTH ROUND. 

EVEN IS WE HAVE CAP MONEY AND I AM SURE WE DON'T WHAT OFFENSIVE PLALYER WHO IS A FA WANTS TO COME TO THIS DISASTER

AS FAR AS SALEH GOES, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING THAT SAD SACK LOOK ON HIS FACE EVER GAME. GET ME THAT FUNNING LOOKING HEAD OFFENSIVE COACH FROM MIAMI, THAT DUDE IS GREAT.

Edited by doumeyer

What’s everyone’s thoughts on bringing in a young QB like Davis Mills or Kyle Trask? Mills could sit another year behind Rodgers and then I think can be more than competent. Then we can take a mid 1st- early 2nd QB to develop without throwing them into the lineup. This would allow us to draft offensive talent.