Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lions drop 24 on the Chargers in the first half. 

Zach Wilson + Nate Hackett is a nightmare pairing 

I am almost at the point where if Rodgers insists on Hackett next year...he can follow him out the door. Hackett doesn't belong in the NFL. 

• Like 1

If anybody wonders why we can't score TDs this one of main reasons. It's our #2 receiver Alan Lazard.

after nine games he been targeted 40 times has only 20 receptions for 290 yards & one TD. He only catches 50% of the passes thrown to him. And 90 % of his receptions are no longer than 8 to10 yards & he runs for another 3 or 4 yards. How much does Zach Wilson figure into these numbers i am sure a lot. No way in the world is he a go to player.

This team has holes all over the O if you think about it. This team needs 2-3 new starters on the OL. This team needs a young QB to draft. This team needs a WR 2. This team needs a 3rd down back if you don't dive Hall all 3 downs. That is 5 holes right there on the O just alone. This team is trash and I want them to move on from Wilson for the love of good. Just cut Wilson and move on. The 49ers moved on from Lance and he cost them way more than what Wilson cost us. I just get mad when you can see a move to change this team around and they don't do it. I wanted to trade down from 2 and get the kings ransom and go with Sam Darnold that year. This year I'm all in on Quinn Ewers. I think he has the highest upside for the spot where he goes. I think He can be taken in the late first round or second round. He can be like Hurts when he fell to the second round. I want the rookie to sit at least half year if not all season. Make them hungrey to want to get in. They gave Wilson the starting job and he had no business being in there. Why can't we hit a CJ Strout type guy. I have to admit I did not see him doing this well. I thought he would be average at best. 

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This team has holes all over the O if you think about it. This team needs 2-3 new starters on the OL. This team needs a young QB to draft. This team needs a WR 2. This team needs a 3rd down back if you don't dive Hall all 3 downs. That is 5 holes right there on the O just alone. This team is trash and I want them to move on from Wilson for the love of good. Just cut Wilson and move on. The 49ers moved on from Lance and he cost them way more than what Wilson cost us. I just get mad when you can see a move to change this team around and they don't do it. I wanted to trade down from 2 and get the kings ransom and go with Sam Darnold that year. This year I'm all in on Quinn Ewers. I think he has the highest upside for the spot where he goes. I think He can be taken in the late first round or second round. He can be like Hurts when he fell to the second round. I want the rookie to sit at least half year if not all season. Make them hungrey to want to get in. They gave Wilson the starting job and he had no business being in there. Why can't we hit a CJ Strout type guy. I have to admit I did not see him doing this well. I thought he would be average at best. 

I 100% agree with you we are a offensive mess.

While Zach hasn't been lights out, all these stupid penalties are killing us. I saw the first half before going to bed, I counted 3 catchable balls that were dropped. Two holding penalties that killed drives by Ustinka and everyone is calling for Zach's head. The OC refuses to throw to the TE's, on first down he is running the ball, so we begin the task of going 10 yards having gained 2 yards running the ball up the middle. 

When the OC finally figured out, lets run the ball outside they were successful, he abandoned it. Instead of having the best blocking TE in football being used, they have Uzama in who is absolutely the worst.

The O line is terrible, Zach was running for his life, almost ran it in for a TD then Ustinka, holds and the Jets have to settle for a FG. 

But wait, lets throw this all on Zach, Wilson who is crying for a team only meeting dropped a key pass, for all the hoopla about him, he's been dropping passes. 

Bench Zach, and you will see the Jets finish without a single win again the remainder of the season. The Jet D elite, the Jets O, well just look at the stats, it is the worse even with offensive rookie of the year and the best RB in football, and its not only the QB 6 different line combinations in 9 games. 

Saleh coaches scared.

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

While Zach hasn't been lights out, all these stupid penalties are killing us. I saw the first half before going to bed, I counted 3 catchable balls that were dropped. Two holding penalties that killed drives by Ustinka and everyone is calling for Zach's head. The OC refuses to throw to the TE's, on first down he is running the ball, so we begin the task of going 10 yards having gained 2 yards running the ball up the middle. 

When the OC finally figured out, lets run the ball outside they were successful, he abandoned it. Instead of having the best blocking TE in football being used, they have Uzama in who is absolutely the worst.

The O line is terrible, Zach was running for his life, almost ran it in for a TD then Ustinka, holds and the Jets have to settle for a FG. 

But wait, lets throw this all on Zach, Wilson who is crying for a team only meeting dropped a key pass, for all the hoopla about him, he's been dropping passes. 

Bench Zach, and you will see the Jets finish without a single win again the remainder of the season. The Jet D elite, the Jets O, well just look at the stats, it is the worse even with offensive rookie of the year and the best RB in football, and its not only the QB 6 different line combinations in 9 games. 

Saleh coaches scared.

Lol Zach Wilson sucks and is problem number 1

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol Zach Wilson sucks and is problem number 1

How long before Chris & Woody Johnson admit they made a huge mistake drafting Zach Wilson, with the second overall pick in the draft. Not only that but this Rodgers deal could blow up in our face, and all these players we got in the Rodgers trade all suck. NO WAY Rodgers is coming back this year and who really knows if he will be back in 2024. Here we are in 2023 and we have been playing with only one WR G.Wilson all year, all the rest of the WR on our roster are no more than jive turkeys. 

My post tomorrow is going to be on my favorite subject our sorry a** OFFENSIVE LINE. SO DON'T MISS  IT.

46 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

How long before Chris & Woody Johnson admit they made a huge mistake drafting Zach Wilson, with the second overall pick in the draft. Not only that but this Rodgers deal could blow up in our face, and all these players we got in the Rodgers trade all suck. NO WAY Rodgers is coming back this year and who really knows if he will be back in 2024. Here we are in 2023 and we have been playing with only one WR G.Wilson all year, all the rest of the WR on our roster are no more than jive turkeys. 

My post tomorrow is going to be on my favorite subject our sorry a** OFFENSIVE LINE. SO DON'T MISS  IT.

What will happen is they run this back in 2024. The Jets still miss the playoffs, even with Rodgers, everyone is fired.

49 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I think they are well aware, it's just circumstance. You don't waste a draft pick on a QB when you land Rodgers and are hitting a window - same for spending cap or picks to get a starter behind him. You don't really make moves assuming he's going to be out the whole year, so why not just let Zach ride his contract out on the bench and save getting a new QB after this season when the AR window is closer to closing?

Just so happens the Jets are cursed and our best laid plans were shot into the sun.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think they are well aware, it's just circumstance. You don't waste a draft pick on a QB when you land Rodgers and are hitting a window - same for spending cap or picks to get a starter behind him. You don't really make moves assuming he's going to be out the whole year, so why not just let Zach ride his contract out on the bench and save getting a new QB after this season when the AR window is closer to closing?

Just so happens the Jets are cursed and our best laid plans were shot into the sun.

I won’t get into a debate about it, but not getting a legitimate backup was a failure. I was calling to sign a backup the entire offseason. 

Deeming Zach Wilson unplayable and making him the QB2 made no sense. Douglas wanted to have his cake and eat it too and now he’s looking at one of the worst GM records all time. 

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I won’t get into a debate about it, but not getting a legitimate backup was a failure. I was calling to sign a backup the entire offseason. 

Deeming Zach Wilson unplayable and making him the QB2 made no sense. Douglas wanted to have his cake and eat it too and now he’s looking at one of the worst GM records all time. 

I'm figuring it was cap reasons we didn't sign a better #2, but yes, agreed.

On 11/13/2023 at 12:16 AM, ekill08x said:

I am almost at the point where if Rodgers insists on Hackett next year...he can follow him out the door. Hackett doesn't belong in the NFL. 

MY BIG QUESTION IS HOW THE HELL DID WE GO INTO THE RAIDER GAME WITH ONE LEGIT WR.  G. Wilson had 9 receptions for 93 yards. No other WR had more than one reception. All those other WR we have on the roster should be thrown out with the rest of Monday morning garbage. Outside of offensive lineman WR were at the top of our wish list in the last three years of our draft. Yeah, we failed with E.Moore and Mimis, even a good vet WR would have taken the pressure off G. Wilson. I JUST POSTED YESTERDAY THE NINE GAME REPORCARD ON LAZARD AND IT IS NOT PRETTY.

I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS THE REAL STAR WHO PUT OUR CURRENT DEFENSIVE TOGETHER BUT WHO EVER IT WAS DID A GREAT JOB. WE GOT A BUNCH BAD ***** ON OUR DEFENSIVE AND THAT IS GREAT. i THINK WE HAVE GOT TO BE CAREFUL WHO WE WANT TO FIRE ON THE COACHING STAFF i SURE DON'T WANT TO FIRE ANYBODY WHO PUT OUR DEFENSIVE TOGETHER.

NOW THE THAT ENTIRE AFL  EAST IS UP FOR GRABS AND WE BLOW IT, I AM TO UPSET TO TALK ABOUT OUR OFFENSIVE LINE THAT IS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS.