Dobbs to Vikings

The Gnat

44 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

You think Dobbs is going to be able to run the plays with, checks calendar, 4 days of prep?

Full playbook obviously not.     I thinking the coaching staff can put a quick game plan together for him and we come out play very vanilla offense with limited mistakes.      Can Cousins have a direct Mic into the helmet of Dobbs?     Unlike Aaron,  I believe Cousins will do everything he can to help this team continue to win and he will be their to coach up Dobbs as much as he can.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K9 said:

I accidentally posted on the other thread. In any case, I was very upset after hearing about the Dobbs trade but this thread has made me feel a little better. That said, I AM Very concerned that this 'competing for a starting job' and 'place holder' situation will deter Jefferson from extending with the Vikes. Is there reason to be concerned that Jefferson might want to see other options w/o a bonafide starting QB?  Honest question, I need opinions from real Vikes fans

There was no starting QB available, so I have no idea how JJ could be upset about this move. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K9 said:

I accidentally posted on the other thread. In any case, I was very upset after hearing about the Dobbs trade but this thread has made me feel a little better. That said, I AM Very concerned that this 'competing for a starting job' and 'place holder' situation will deter Jefferson from extending with the Vikes. Is there reason to be concerned that Jefferson might want to see other options w/o a bonafide starting QB?  Honest question, I need opinions from real Vikes fans

Jefferson appears to be a team kind of guy, and thankful for what the Vikings have done to help him (ie: make him rich and famous.)

i don't see him going back on that, but hey i haven't spoken with him directly. damn pesky restraining order....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Jefferson appears to be a team kind of guy, and thankful for what the Vikings have done to help him (ie: make him rich and famous.)

i don't see him going back on that, but hey i haven't spoken with him directly. damn pesky restraining order....

True, he definitely seems like a team guy.. I was (am kind of still) worried that he had so much belief in Cousins, KOC and the offense that things could shift. Let's hope one of a many QBs & KOC's play calling can get that man the football and some wins when he returns :)

22 minutes ago, K9 said:

I fear that he'll look at the Davante Adams situation and really re-think things. BUT, that could also make him want to stay too -- IF we have a good QB. Guess we won't really know til we see how the season plays out  😌

Hopefully they are able to put some plays in the play book that both Dobb and hall can excel at.  I like his mobility. 

I hope they give hall a good chance to develop and keep starting but they shouldn't keep running him out there if it's a complete disaster so Dobbs seems like a solid backup plan

• Like 1

This is what Im thinking:

- Vikings organization did not want to give up the season, so another QB was needed to upgrade either starter or backup QB

- “Better” QBs costed too much draft capital, and they wanted to preserve draft capital for a potential QB

- Dobbs was only a 6th and allows KOC to rally the troops behind at internal teammate in Hall (for at least one game), while Dobbs is available as backup QB in game one. 

- Hall has his chance to use his knowledge to be successful, but if he doesn’t show command, comfort, presence and can deliver the ball fairly effective, he can be replaced in game two/three by Dobbs. 

- The other QBs in the organization are not fit/healthy to be on the field

- All options for future QB preserved including cap implications whether that includes Hall or Dobbs on the roster, highly drafted QB or Cousins on a reduced $ contract

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

This is what Im thinking:

- Vikings organization did not want to give up the season, so another QB was needed to upgrade either starter or backup QB

- “Better” QBs costed too much draft capital, and they wanted to preserve draft capital for a potential QB

- Dobbs was only a 6th and allows KOC to rally the troops behind at internal teammate in Hall (for at least one game), while Dobbs is available as backup QB in game one. 

- Hall has his chance to use his knowledge to be successful, but if he doesn’t show command, comfort, presence and can deliver the ball fairly effective, he can be easily replaced in game two by Dobbs. 

The Vikings also got back a 7th from The Cards, which will change to a 6th IF The Vikings don't play him enough, or he fails the physical.   THAT 6th is likely to be a higher pick than OUR 6th given up, because Arizona is 1-7 and we are 4-4.  So, IF Hall plays well and keeps the #1 job, The Vikings will make a profit from the trade, by moving up several places in Round 6, AND gaining a 7th Rounder, just to take on Dobbs' contract.  It's a Win, WIN situation for The Vikings, either way, getting insurance in case hall needs significant more time to be ready to be The #1 QB, OR he gets hurt while Mullins is still out, avoiding The Team being forced to start Sean Mannion (most of The Vikings' fans worst nightmare).

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

a bunch of smart stuff....

i agree at least 100% with your points here, they all describe our situation and the coaches' and players' attitudes extremely well.

i think we have a strong sense of team camaraderie and brotherly support, so all players are going to rally around the gameplan and those asked to execute it.

Dobbs has alopecia, causing hair loss.

Causes of Alopecia Areata

In alopecia areata, the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles, causing inflammation. Researchers do not fully understand what causes the immune attack on hair follicles, but they believe that both genetic and environmental factors play a role.

wiki

41 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i have never seen one single play Dobbs has been in. is he a dropback pocket passer kind of guy, or has some mobility? i noticed he had a very slow 40 time at his Combine, so i'm guessing the former.

He has some mobility, he’s rushed for 250+ yards this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i have never seen one single play Dobbs has been in. is he a dropback pocket passer kind of guy, or has some mobility? i noticed he had a very slow 40 time at his Combine, so i'm guessing the former.

Dobbs is a very good athlete and is very mobile. He’s not Lamar Jackson but he’s definitely not slow for the position:

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2