HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

This is most definitely a hard rebuild. 

• Josh Jacobs is gone after the season (need a running game after this year)
  • We have no O-line other than a patchwork group.
  • No QB
  • No interior DL
  • Adams has 2-3 years left of great play so by the time we get a franchise QB up to speed in 2 years he'll be on his last legs. Wouldn't surprise me if he left
  • Our defense is mediocre.

There is a lot that needs to be done before we're a playoff team once we decide to go with a rookie QB next year. 

• Like 1

I’m not going to come here and gloat or say I told you so. As a Broncos fan I was hoping you’d hold onto the NE pair for perpetuity. 

That being said, the Raiders are an iconic franchise that should be better. Same can be said for the Broncos BTW and league is better when both teams are good. 

What will be interesting is seeing what comes out in the days/weeks/months ahead about how toxic the culture was. That seems to be the case with every NE assistant who gets a HC or GM job. Even Brian Flores in Miami - whether he was treated unfairly or not - I heard multiple reports after he was let go that he was an absolute nightmare to deal with in the building. 

Bad as things were here with Mac, even after he was fired some held out and stayed in his corner for a while after, even criticizing the Elway hire and subsequent John Fox hire. That changed when Champ Bailey, still in his prime playing a HOF level and the face of the franchise - came out and said “I knew we could and would get (a new contract) worked out once Josh McDaniels was fired.” Signing Champ to an extension was the first player personnel move that Elway made upon taking over. After that came out, even the McDaniels apologists in Broncos country admitted they were wrong about the guy.

Sorry you guys had to learn the hard way.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, NickButera said:

• No QB
  • No interior DL
  • Adams has 2-3 years left of great play so by the time we get a franchise QB up to speed in 2 years he'll be on his last legs. Wouldn't surprise me if he left

There is a lot that needs to be done before we're a playoff team once we decide to go with a rookie QB next year. 

I don't think the OL is that bad save Van Roten. 1-2 pieces can upgrade.

No QB yes.

Josh might walk if he doesn't like the vision and I don't blame him.

No IDL yes.

Adams will be a 1k+ receiver for at least 5 years if you ask me. Maybe more. His game will age incredibly well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NickButera said:

• No QB
  • No interior DL

Should have tried to do this from the time Gruden left.  This whole thing was a mistake.  Everyone aside from Maxx is available.  Even Davante can go if he chooses.  Get what you can and go from ground up.  If not for the talent at QB in this draft... I'd say start with OL or DT and build your way out. 

8 minutes ago, Totty said:

Should have tried to do this from the time Gruden left.  This whole thing was a mistake.  Everyone aside from Maxx is available.  Even Davante can go if he chooses.  Get what you can and go from ground up.  If not for the talent at QB in this draft... I'd say start with OL or DT and build your way out. 

True, but a hard rebuild without a top 6-7 pick is HARD because you need that QB. Even last year we missed out on the top QB's and we had 7.  This year may be easier, we may get 4 QB's worthy of a first round selection and 1-2 worthy of a second round slot. It's just too bad there's going to be 10 teams looking for a QB

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NickButera said:

• No QB
  • No interior DL

100% plus we’ll have a ton of dead cap from Chandler Jones and Jimmy G (and even Hoyer) when their cut.

JMD and Zeigler really decimated this roster in under 1.5 years.