HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

https://www.nfl.com/news/team-meeting-led-to-changes-in-josh-mcdaniels-demeanor-at-practice-prior-to-firi

Players -- and coaches -- had ripped into him during the meeting. The point of the session was to be upfront and honest to try to fix what was wrong for the then-3-4 Raiders. Among the issues addressed: Overcorrecting, long meetings, the ways in which McDaniels attempted to hold players accountable and blaming players for issues with play-calling.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/team-meeting-led-to-changes-in-josh-mcdaniels-demeanor-at-practice-prior-to-firi

Players -- and coaches -- had ripped into him during the meeting. The point of the session was to be upfront and honest to try to fix what was wrong for the then-3-4 Raiders. Among the issues addressed: Overcorrecting, long meetings, the ways in which McDaniels attempted to hold players accountable and blaming players for issues with play-calling.

McClown was the worst coach I can remember. Who were the posters who defended the clown??? I want to remember to disregard their opinions going forward. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, Tank4Drake said:

So did Mark say smarten up because he wants a good draft pick and made sure to fire McDaniels and Ziegler after the trade deadline so the new regime can’t make any moves? Or is he just a Grade A idiot that has zero football acumen? Decent business man, terrible football acumen. I’m willing to go with the latter.

Mark is in win now mode and probably will never try to rebuild. The Aces put him in that mindset after winning 2 straight championships 

23 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Hondo just said McDaniels was convinced Brady was coming, and when he didn’t, asked Carr to come back. He also sold the Brady dream during the interview and Mark likely only hired McDaniels because he’s a huge Brady Mark. 

Something is off with the asked Carr to come back part. All they had to do was pay him. They controlled his rights.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something is off with the asked Carr to come back part. All they had to do was pay him. They controlled his rights.

Well I mean Carr would have just held out at that point I’d assume and they knew they were probably going to already be dealing with a lengthy JJ holdout. It’s complete dysfunction junction out there so who knows. 

35 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Yea. It's all coming out now. Mcdaniels has no idea how to coach at a HC level. It's just people skills. He doesn't have any. 

Some of these stories sound like plot lines from The Office. 

McDaniels deciding to have a roast and then getting his feelings hurt was actually an episode.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Well I mean Carr would have just held out at that point I’d assume and they knew they were probably going to already be dealing with a lengthy JJ holdout. It’s complete dysfunction junction out there so who knows. 

Held out for what? A trade? Imagine having that leverage. 

He'd have gotten 45+ million.