Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Four openings left, call it folks:

Commanders, Falcons, Seahawks, Panthers.

My guess:

• Commanders -> Mike Macdonald
  • Falcons -> Bill Belichick
  • Seahawks -> Ben Johnson
  • Panthers -> Bobby Slowik

Mine:

• Commanders -> Ben Johnson
  • Seahawks -> Dan Quinn
  • Panthers -> Dave Canales

Edit: I think the NFL wants to see another year out of Slowik - unfortunately for him, he had more competition than usual this year, but he'll be a super hot 2025 candidate.  He could probably get the Panthers job this year, but I don't think he'll ultimately be that desperate unless Tepper makes him one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

And I think Macdonald has the whole "we want an offensive-minded HC to pair with our young QB" mindset working against him when it comes to the most attractive opportunities, plus he only has one year as an NFL DC.  But I think he'll be another hot 2025 candidate, especially if the Ravens win the SB this year.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

It's my understanding that Fangio is out in Miami because he wanted out to go to Philly. Not necessarily that Miami was going to fire him.

I could very much see him land in LAC now that Harbaugh is there, they coached together at Stanford and then SF.

44 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mine:

• Seahawks -> Dan Quinn

Edit: I think the NFL wants to see another year out of Slowik - unfortunately for him, he had more competition than usual this year, but he'll be a super hot 2025 candidate.  He could probably get the Panthers job this year, but I don't think he'll ultimately be that desperate unless Tepper makes him one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

And I think Macdonald has the whole "we want an offensive-minded HC to pair with our young QB" mindset working against him when it comes to the most attractive opportunities, plus he only has one year as an NFL DC.  But I think he'll be another hot 2025 candidate, especially if the Ravens win the SB this year.

I'm 1000% okay with this as a Ravens fan, not losing either coordinator.

As a Seahawks fan, though, oof that's rough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My guess:

Yeah, this is way off. 

Panthers -> Canales

Commanders -> Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald

Falcons -> Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik or Raheem Morris

Seahawks -> Dan Quinn

Also, updated the Falcons graphic.

GEpxPO9WAAAt8rx?format=png&name=large

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mine:

• Seahawks -> Dan Quinn

Closer, but doubt the Falcons end up with Belichick when all is said and done. National media thinks they want Belichick, but local media thinks it's anyone but Belichick, likely Morris, Slowik or Ben Johnson. I trust the local guys more.

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Closer, but doubt the Falcons end up with Belichick when all is said and done. National media thinks they want Belichick, but local media thinks it's anyone but Belichick, likely Morris, Slowik or Ben Johnson. I trust the local guys more.

I'll help you out as well.  You can cross former UNC reserve QB Ben Johnson off your list.  He'll be the new Commanders HC, with $70+ million in cap space and an all UNC QB room (Maye, Howell). 😉

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, this is way off. 

Panthers -> Canales

Commanders -> Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald

Falcons -> Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik or Raheem Morris

Seahawks -> Dan Quinn

Also, updated the Falcons graphic.

GEpxPO9WAAAt8rx?format=png&name=large

Canales to Panthers makes sense.

Belichick not getting hired is interesting.

Seahawks choosing Dan Quinn I still don't believe will happen. That will be so disappointing.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My guess:

Commanders: Ben Johnson

Falcons: Raheem Morris

Seahawks: Mike Macdonald

Panthers: Dave Canales

Mike Vrabel, Bobby Slowik, Aaron Glenn, Bill Belichick, Dan Quinn are the main names to watch for 2025.

Edit: I just realized the Seahawks missed their shot of interviewing Mike Macdonald so I’ll switch that to Dan Quinn. Not getting Macdonald is a big missed opportunity for Seattle imo.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Local guys are being fed info from FO members (AKA guys who will be out of job if Belichick is hired). Betting odds of Bill/Falcons haven't changed in the last few days. Hell, it has gone up. 

Edited by game3525

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Commanders: Ben Johnson

Falcons: Raheem Morris

Seahawks: Mike Macdonald

Panthers: Dave Canales

Mike Vrabel, Bobby Slowik, Aaron Glenn, Bill Belichick, Dan Quinn are the main names to watch for 2025.

Edit: I just realized the Seahawks missed their shot of interviewing Mike Macdonald so I’ll switch that to Dan Quinn. Not getting Macdonald is a big missed opportunity for Seattle imo.

I don't think Seattle has "missed their shot" on him as much as they may be waiting?

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think Seattle has "missed their shot" on him as much as they may be waiting?

You may be right, similar to the Cardinals last year with Gannon. I hope they are waiting for him because I really like the fit of him there.

• Like 1