Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I have a feeling he's gonna have a choice between 2 or more teams, so it's gonna come down to where he wants to go. Long term prospects, being able to consider himself under the McVay tree is probably more beneficial than going to the Giants or Titans. But we'll see. 

No state taxes In Tennessee, so I think the choice is obvious.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:27 PM, El Ramster said:

Patriots record with Mayo this season? What do you predict? What kind offense do the pats run anyways? What did Josh use? 2 TEs? 

It was 2-TE on running downs, but neither of them were very good anyway.

In a blatant example of cronyism, the Falcons hire Rams QB coach Zac Robinson as OC.

3 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

In a blatant example of cronyism, the Falcons hire Rams QB coach Zac Robinson as OC.

I mean, if you're going to poach off coaching trees, the McVay or Shanny tree is a pretty good one to look for.

Morris taking guys off McVay's staff isn't a bad thing IMO.   

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I mean, if you're going to poach off coaching trees, the McVay or Shanny tree is a pretty good one to look for.

Yeah. And McVay has a high success rate. It’s scary how high it is. You’re in good hands, although I would have taken Mike La, but he’s probably a year away. He just has much more potential. With his brother and what not and McVay.. But I trust Zac. I just hate how cookie cutter all the offenses are going to be. Motion, 11 so much. defenses will be practicing all summer, making it easier to stop. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'll give them that. A 10-7 record is considerably better than they were supposed to be on paper.

Eagles expected to hire former Chargers OC Kellen Moore as OC. Along with Vic Fangio, the dark green has an interesting pair of coordinators.

37 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah. And McVay has a high success rate. It’s scary how high it is. You’re in good hands, although I would have taken Mike La, but he’s probably a year away. He just has much more potential. With his brother and what not and McVay.. But I trust Zac. I just hate how cookie cutter all the offenses are going to be. Motion, 11 so much. defenses will be practicing all summer, making it easier to stop. 

Who is Mike La?

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who is Mike La?

Mike LaFleur. Brother of Matt.

Btw, how was KOC for you guys? What’s been the diff? What did you like? Didn’t like. Was this a diff offense? How was JJ utilized? Was he in slot more? Was he more in the X role? Or was he everywhere? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What is it with you people and taking our coaches to make them DC?!

I think it’s more beneficial to hire brothers at this point. Those picks are game changers. Rams have legit gotten 4, 3rds now. That’s just smart money. They develop these young talented guys and ship them off. Almost more beneficial to hiring white guys and getting nothing. Which is why I’m a big proponent of teams getting comps for coordinators leaving.. 4th for 2 years or less, 3rd for over 3 years Or vice versa. Just compensate them.. Why are good orgs punished and left naked. You don’t think the eagles would have loved some draft capital after being scavenged? Subsiding the pain a bit with a potential starter. 

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Mike LaFleur. Brother of Matt.

Btw, how was KOC for you guys? What’s been the diff? What did you like? Didn’t like. Was this a diff offense? How was JJ utilized? Was he in slot more? Was he more in the X role? Or was he everywhere? 

Dude knows how to put his playmakers in a position to win. He did it for JJ in 2022 and Addison in 2023. 

He still needs to get better calling a full game. We'd go a full quarter without a single first down at times last year and this year. He gets aggressive and then too conservative. With us playing one score games constantly, we can't go conservative like ever lol

11 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

I mean. Cronyism, sure. But at the same time, literally every OC opening wanted to interview him.