Bears vs Panthers GDT week 10 TNF

CBears019

14 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Ok.  We need to win this one.  We’ll take a hit on our draft slot but we gotta keep that Carolina pick healthy.

A 2-7 team hosting a 1-8 team.  This is what prime time football was made for.

Al Michaels has seemed disinterested since leaving NBC. Maybe it's age, maybe he's getting his *** beat at the sports book, maybe it's his last contract and he doesn't care anymore, maybe he hates Herbstreit. Point is, he's going to be MISERABLE on Thursday calling this travesty

• Like 2

Each week is a Panthers must lose.  With Herbert back, run the ball down their throat rotating KH, DF and RJ.  That opens up the play action and the passing game.  Our D is good against the run, not the pass.  That being said, I don't find Carolina's to be scary.  They've scored 20 points 3 times this season, all losses.  If we get to 20 we should be good for a W  24-14 Bear Down

45 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Is Feilds playing?

He has returned to practice, but I haven't heard if he's been limited or full go.

Regardless, I'd have to think the smart play is sitting him. Let him take the mini bye week to fully recover and get back into the swing of things before he finishes the season.

The only arguments for him to start would be that he's 1. Fully healthy and 2. The team is just that desperate to win this game, for the draft implications.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Not going to lie, I kind of want Bagent to outplay Young for no other reason than because this is the one game I'm going to root for CHI- and to make the trade look even better.

Honestly, every single time Stroud looks like a stud has to be a dagger in the heart of every Carolina fan..... It was a bad but excusable trade if BY busts, because "hey you took a shot"....... but if Stroud also ends up being Herbert+ level it might very well be the single worst trade in NFL history.

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

Honestly, every single time Stroud looks like a stud has to be a dagger in the heart of every Carolina fan..... It was a bad but excusable trade if BY busts, because "hey you took a shot"....... but if Stroud also ends up being Herbert+ level it might very well be the single worst trade in NFL history.

Bears fans may start feeling like it was a dagger as well if Stroud turns into a top 5 QB

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears fans may start feeling like it was a dagger as well if Stroud turns into a top 5 QB

Eh, I was as big of a Stroud guy as there was for this draft, but he wasnt some A+/Blue Chip prospect. I mean he looked awesome vs the Bucs this week, but he also put up a dud against Carolina the week prior

Regardless of what happens, Fields + Moore + Wright + 2024 First + 2 Seconds was always the right choice. (especially if most of you dont believe we have the infustructure to take advantage of whatever talent Stroud has)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Eh, I was as big of a Stroud guy as there was for this draft, but he wasnt some A+/Blue Chip prospect. I mean he looked awesome vs the Bucs this week, but he also put up a dud against Carolina the week prior

Regardless of what happens, Fields + Moore + Wright + 2024 First + 2 Seconds was always the right choice. (especially if most of you dont believe we have the infustructure to take advantage of whatever talent Stroud has)

Stroud was my QB1 in last draft.

I just would never draft a QB as small as Bryce Young.

• Like 1

If Fields is healthy, I think we walk away with this one, and it could be the type of performance that reinvigorates fans behind him. 

If not, it will be much closer than this should be, especially if Bagent has turnovers again. But we should be able to lean heavily on the Run Game in this one, especially if we get Herbert back and we can just rotate the fresh legs.