Bears vs Panthers GDT week 10 TNF

CBears019

20 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I would be shocked if Flus got fired this year.

On its own I would be shocked.  It is just too early to fire Flus or Poles for way Bears historically operate.   It would only happen this early in event of a player rebellion like Tressman faced.

But I didn’t really know about Harbaugh Michigan accusations.

His possible availability is a definite X factor.  Many in media are pounding table for him and fans have joined in.  

If he gets fired if you want him you have to get him immediately. I am not personally sold that he is a savior, but I have an open mind.  

There have been some rumblings through media, as well as Poles' weird statement the other week, that have me wondering if Aberflus is actually going to stay barring a total collapse. I would not be particularly happy with that as the bad far outweighs the good from where I stand. He has a (literally) historically bad win percentage,  the team has consistently looked and graded out sloppy (#1 in penalties last I checked), and all the weird off the field stuff going on in his staff adds up.  The only convincing reason I've heard to keep him is the Bears combination of wanting to be "like the steelers" and stable, and the Bears proclivity for making the obvious wrong move.  The most unforgivable thing for me is how the team actually looks worse when they've been trying than when they were tanking.  

If he says, how would you feel about him and whatever rando they convince to be OC developing a new QB? Bet you can absolutely guess how I'd go... 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Keep in mind that Bears aren’t going to be only team that wants Harbaugh.  Which is going to give him leverage and ability to ask for personnel power.  

A lot coaches make poor GMs.  

I don’t see Harbaugh coming here. He will want more control than what Warren/George will be willing to offer him. I’d put money on the Chargers landing him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

I don’t see Harbaugh coming here. He will want more control than what Warren/George will be willing to offer him. I’d put money on the Chargers landing him. 

I think it is really easy to rule options out but truthfully no one knows what Harbaugh is going to want in the offseason...I don't think anyone linked him with the Minnesota job and the plan there was always to hire a GM separate to Harbaugh...I think if he believes he can win here then he is just as likely to come here as anywhere else.

I know Flus' record has been bad through 1.5 seasons but what were realistic expectations for him in his first year with the roster he was given that was going through a rebuild?

Enter year two I get the expectations were a little bit higher, but let's just say he's able to get the team to say 6-7 wins by year end and Fields plays well enough down the stretch, does that warrant him another year?

I believe so...because as much as people don't want to believe it that will show improvement and progress 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is really easy to rule options out but truthfully no one knows what Harbaugh is going to want in the offseason...I don't think anyone linked him with the Minnesota job and the plan there was always to hire a GM separate to Harbaugh...I think if he believes he can win here then he is just as likely to come here as anywhere else.

I think he would be fine with having a GM but would want final personnel decisions to be wirh him. That's why I could see someone like Tom Gamble being his GM. Guy has been with him for years and he would essentially be an overpaid scout. He would be the one scouting in-season and when the offseason arrives then Jim would get to delve in with someone he trusts having already given him a lot of data to sift through. I'm not one who would put any money on Jim coming here but would be more excited about a hire then I have yet.

But damn if it doesn't seem like a Bears thing to do to have a chance at the top QB in two drafts but choose to stick with Getsy and Fields, and then trade back this year only for GB to trade up and get a top 2 QB. Then get a 6-7 win season to force a trade up to get the new QB in 2025. Lol

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think he would be fine with having a GM but would want final personnel decisions to be wirh him. That's why I could see someone like Tom Gamble being his GM. Guy has been with him for years and he would essentially be an overpaid scout. He would be the one scouting in-season and when the offseason arrives then Jim would get to delve in with someone he trusts having already given him a lot of data to sift through. I'm not one who would put any money on Jim coming here but would be more excited about a hire then I have yet.

But damn if it doesn't seem like a Bears thing to do to have a chance at the top QB in two drafts but choose to stick with Getsy and Fields, and then trade back this year only for GB to trade up and get a top 2 QB. Then get a 6-7 win season to force a trade up to get the new QB in 2025. Lol

As much as I doubt this will happen I have always felt personnel decisions should almost be split...Poles should be in charge of drafting and adding talent in the offseason...when it then gets to training camp then the coaching staff should take over and be able to make decisions on who stays and goes and how much those players play...if we did rip it down from the top (I don't believe Poles is going anywhere) then Gamble would make a ton of sense with Harbaugh...

I am still not convinced Fields isn't the best option right now...build everything to a really high level around him and then drop in a rookie QB if he can't succeed...don't become Carolina with a rookie QB and a bare cupboard around him.

I doubt Harbaugh is going to want to come here with Poles as the GM and I don't see Poles being let go.

Harbaugh will want his own GM like Kyle Shanahan does with Lynch in SF

It's a pipe dream guys

For more realistic HC options IF Flus is even let go I'm guessing it'll be an offensive coach like Ben Johnson, Eric Bieniemy or Bobby Slowik

Bieniemy might be worth a shot given how Mahomes has looked this year without him plus Poles knows him well  It'd be a good fit I think

I think Bieniemy is less risky than guys like Johnson or Slowik who have limited coordinating experience 

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as I doubt this will happen I have always felt personnel decisions should almost be split...Poles should be in charge of drafting and adding talent in the offseason...when it then gets to training camp then the coaching staff should take over and be able to make decisions on who stays and goes and how much those players play...if we did rip it down from the top (I don't believe Poles is going anywhere) then Gamble would make a ton of sense with Harbaugh...

I am still not convinced Fields isn't the best option right now...build everything to a really high level around him and then drop in a rookie QB if he can't succeed...don't become Carolina with a rookie QB and a bare cupboard around him.

True. Like I said Harbaugh is a guy I'd love to see the Bears hire but I wouldnt bet a dollar on it. A guy with his background will want control or his own GM, and unless Warren himself is completely underwhelmed with Poles then Poles is safe. Eberflus I still feel like will be John Fox'd.

Bears aren't able to be Carolina with their roster next year. I wouldn't trade Moore for any 5 of their skill position players, I'm not sure I'd trade Mooney or Kmet for any 3 of them either. I'd rather not commit to Fields for even another year. The cupboards aren't bare, Fields and Bagent just have sucked as well as Getsy. They're part of the issue, Fields isn't just a victim of circumstance here.

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I doubt Harbaugh is going to want to come here with Poles as the GM and I don't see Poles being let go.

Harbaugh will want his own GM like Kyle Shanahan does with Lynch in SF

It's a pipe dream guys

For more realistic HC options IF Flus is even let go I'm guessing it'll be an offensive coach like Ben Johnson, Eric Bieniemy or Bobby Slowik

Bieniemy might be worth a shot given how Mahomes has looked this year without him plus Poles knows him well  It'd be a good fit I think

I think Bieniemy is less risky than guys like Johnson or Slowik who have limited coordinating experience 

idk Harbaugh has also been turned away by teams like Minnesota and Indy the last few seasons, this might be his last real chance, especially if UM starts getting hit hard for these allegations and he needs to take off like Pete Carroll at USC  

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

idk Harbaugh has also been turned away by teams like Minnesota and Indy the last few seasons, this might be his last real chance, especially if UM starts getting hit hard for these allegations and he needs to take off like Pete Carroll at USC  

Could happen but I'm not holding my breath 

I have my eyes on others at the moment. I have been really impressed with Eric Bieniemy.

He has Sam Howell playing pretty damn good right now, guy is leading the league in passing yards, completions and is 3rd in passing tds.

Also the dropoff in Mahomes play this year without Bieniemy as his OC is quite telling

I have a good feeling this guy knows what he's doing 

8 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Strong case to be made it's less about Bieniemy's absence as it is Nagy's presence

Or about their lack of anything with which to work. Their WR core is basically the same as the Panthers IMO. They have one veteran (though MVS isn’t as good as Thielen), a bunch of kids in Rice, Moore and Toney, a career depth guy in Watson, and they just traded back for Hardman who’s a gadget player. At RB their guys range from pretty average (Pacheco) to replacement level (CEH, McKinnon). Their TEs behind 87 are just bodies. 

Outside of Kelce, they have one of the most underwhelming collections of skill position players in the entire league. They’ve invested a lot of draft capital in that group (1st for CEH, 2nds for Rice and Moore, 3/6 in trade for Toney, a 3 initially for Hardman) and are seemingly counting on development on the fly that hasn’t shown up in a big way yet. The numbers aren’t what they’ve been in past years, but IMO what Mahomes has been able to do with that group has been really impressive. 

13 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Strong case to be made it's less about Bieniemy's absence as it is Nagy's presence

They gutted the talent around him offensively.  I would argue I would rather have Bears offensive talent than KC sans the QB.  

DJ Moore would be leading the league in most everything with Mahomes and Reid. (Once Oline got healthy).   Even with Nagy there.