Bears vs Panthers GDT week 10 TNF

CBears019

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Addition of Sweat makes defense better.   

Penalites are still annoying 

The haters will point to zero sacks but he collapses the pocket far better than anyone we have. The sacks will eventually come. My main concern with him is it looks like he mostly wins with strength and athleticism. Don’t see many pass rush moves. 

• Like 1

We're back to owning picks #1 (carolina's) and #5 (ours)

Remaining schedule of Detroit, Minnesota, Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, Atlanta, Green Bay.

The only team on that list I'm confident we beat is Arizona... with MAYBE Minnesota, Atlanta, and Green Bay being potentials...  And hell even Arizona with Murrey back might start showing life.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Remaining schedule of Detroit, Minnesota, Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, Atlanta, Green Bay.

The only team on that list I'm confident we beat is Arizona... with MAYBE Minnesota, Atlanta, and Green Bay being potentials...  And hell even Arizona with Murrey back might start showing life.

I think we can and probably will beat some of those teams. All are beatable. I’m not totally convinced our pick ends up in the top 5 at this point.

That CAR pick though? Young has zero to work with on offense. Today’s win was big for keeping CAR in a top 2 slot, and I know they were missing several of their top guys today, but tbh I’m not sure that team doesn’t lose out. That’s a BAAAAAAAD team.

Imagine we end up using the pick we got from CAR to take a QB who went to UNC and is from Charlotte. I imagine that would sting quite a bit for the Panthers locals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Somehow came away from this game even less impressed with Young than I was before. Pretty impressive honestly

He does not look good. He looks shell shocked to me. But, he very well might have less to work with than 2022 Fields too. Cupboards are pretty damn bare in Charlotte right now. 

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

The Bears just played a home game against the worst team in the league on short rest & barely won. They could beat any of those teams, but the chances aren't great. The Bears really suck

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He does not look good. He looks shell shocked to me. But, he very well might have less to work with than 2022 Fields too. Cupboards are pretty damn bare in Charlotte right now. 

They did next to nothing against this defense, but I also think this defense is much better than anyone around here will give them credit for. The only real play they made was the busted coverage by Brisker. 

I was thinking about it this morning, I still think if Tepper wasnt so eager, they could have still ended up with Young, and only had to move up to #4, while still holding onto DJ Moore. I think eventually Indy would have caved and sent us Michael Pittman, so they could make sure to get Anthony Richardson, I think the Texans still make the moves they did, and then we still would have been sitting at #4 willing to move down with Carolina for just picks. Im just not sure anyone other than Carolina was coming up to #1 for Young. All hindsight of course, but seeing how happy Houston/Indy were with the QBs they got tells me they werent real threats to pick him.

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

And hell even Arizona with Murrey back might start showing life.

Im not sure QB was Arizona's problem most of the season. Dobbs has played fine, and look what he did stepping in for Minnesota against a solid Defense. 

Murray is definitely more talented, but has he actually dove into a brand new play book? And more importantly, is he actually going to run like he has in the past? Because if he doesnt run, he becomes a much easier QB to defend

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

There’s a helmet sticker from me for Roschon.  

https://x.com/unbearablesport/status/1722820608868647122?s=61&t=v6LV1OopIM988_WLEdjCHA

I love him and his pass blocking. He just doesnt seem as sure of himself lately with the ball in his hands. Hope he figures that out, he should be a workhorse for us

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I love him and his pass blocking. He just doesnt seem as sure of himself lately with the ball in his hands. Hope he figures that out, he should be a workhorse for us

Right now he’s not a better runner than Herbert or Foreman. Runs hard for sure but doesn’t feel like a threat with the ball in his hands.