Bears vs Panthers GDT week 10 TNF

CBears019

26 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

this team is so dumb

Poles and Eberflunk probably did this on purpose just to **** with us!!

/s

but yea that is pretty dumb.  I get the camouflage, veterans day, etc.  but maybe take a look at your opponent that week?  Can’t go wrong with your standard green camo.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Poles and Eberflunk probably did this on purpose just to **** with us!!

/s

but yea that is pretty dumb.  I get the camouflage, veterans day, etc.  but maybe take a look at your opponent that week?  Can’t go wrong with your standard green camo.

This is the stuff KW is supposed to be looking for. He already made improvements to the food selection for the media. He is allegedly very precise when it comes to in-game music, games, promotions, giveaways, etc. Handing out blue and black towels on a night they play Carolina is idiotic.

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would be shocked if Flus got fired this year.

I can't think of a single way they would be able to sell that to anyone from shareholder to casual fan unless we go on an insane run when Fields comes back...I would need at least 5 wins over the last 7 games which means winning at least ocne against the Lions or against the Browns for it to even be a consideration...and even at that we would need to really beat up on teams like the Vikes, Cardinals & Packers...if we keep performing like we did last night and scrape a win against those teams then forget about it.

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can't think of a single way they would be able to sell that to anyone from shareholder to casual fan unless we go on an insane run when Fields comes back...

Even after being the worst team in the league last year they are currently still averaging over capacity on the season. The fans have been packing the house, the players love playing for him. They dont care what a small portion of fans and the over inflated egos of the Chicago media think. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Even after being the worst team in the league last year they are currently still averaging over capacity on the season. The fans have been packing the house, the players love playing for him. They dont care what a small portion of fans and the over inflated egos of the Chicago media think. 

The can sell out the stadium in their sleep...huge market small stadium...but I will guarantee every billable is down over the past 2 seasons...as fans we know next to nothing about the operating revenue that an NFL team can generate but as with any sport consistent losing impacts the bottom line...

Say we even beat the Vikes, Cardinals & Packers (optimistic)...we go 11-6 on the season...9-25 in his career here 0.264 win percentage...what has he done to earn another year? The players like him? That just isn't enough for me at this point...our standards need to be higher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

but I will guarantee every billable is down over the past 2 seasons

Its easy to make claims that you have no proof of.

They pack the house, JF was one of the highest selling jerseys through this offseason, what are they missing out on? 

as fans we know next to nothing about the operating revenue that an NFL team can generate but as with any sport consistent losing impacts the bottom line...

If that was truely the case here, they would be bankrupt. The BEars are one of the 5 Losingest Franchises in the past DECADE. This isnt some new development under Poles/Eberflus. Its amazing that Im the new guy around here sometimes

Say we even beat the Vikes, Cardinals & Packers (optimistic)...we go 11-6 on the season...9-25 in his career here 0.264 win percentage...what has he done to earn another year? The players like him? That just isn't enough for me at this point...our standards need to be higher.

They dont care about winning these past two years. They were PURPOSLY trying to lose for atleast half of last year. Its all about the 3 year plan and setting things up for 2024, it always has been. Ill keep saying it till Im blue in the face They DONT CARE what you think of them right now, and thats exactly how it should be

If Jim Harbaugh actually wants to coach the Bears (I have my doubts when the Chargers will likely be more appealing) and if the McCaskeys really want him (I also have major doubts there, as well as Warren's openness to it) then he should be available to start in 2025 as well. Especially as Michigan is about to drop another Brinks Truck on him with another new extension

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They pack the house, JF was one of the highest selling jerseys through this offseason, what are they missing out on? 

If that was truely the case here, they would be bankrupt. The BEars are one of the 5 Losingest Franchises in the past DECADE. This isnt some new development under Poles/Eberflus. Its amazing that Im the new guy around here sometimes

They dont care about winning these past two years. They were PURPOSLY trying to lose for atleast half of last year. Its all about the 3 year plan and setting things up for 2024, it always has been. Ill keep saying it till Im blue in the face They DONT CARE what you think of them right now, and thats exactly how it should be

If Jim Harbaugh actually wants to coach the Bears (I have my doubts when the Chargers will likely be more appealing) and if the McCaskeys really want him (I also have major doubts there, as well as Warren's openness to it) then he should be available to start in 2025 as well. Especially as Michigan is about to drop another Brinks Truck on him with another new extension

Didn't they just rescind an extension they initially drew up? I could've swore I saw that

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Simple argument - where is your proof to say they aren't?

More complex argument - like I said the NFL are very good at hiding profit loss due to the natural of their franchise structure the true numbers of weaker performing markets can be absorbed by stronger ones...however like I said go and look at any other sports team in the world who are a stand alone...if you really want to see the financial impact of losing go and look at Manchester United who have went from generating the biggest trading revenue profits of any team in football (soccer) to now being the bain of the Glazer's life with a crumbling stadium and infrastructure as well as nothing but unrest among fans who have stopped buying anything like as much merchandise...

Which leads me nicely on to my next point...nothing is black and white and to say the Bears would be bankrupt is hyperbolic at it's finest...again using Manchester United as the example they are still valued as the 3rd most valuable team in all of football...but they are work around $1 billion dollars less than they were just a few years ago when they were #1...that is not a small loss and bringing it back to the Bears who have owners who have no other income or revenue streams that is a major loss and will be happening right now.

Your right the Bears have been losing for years...and Flus has the worst record of anyone...not just anyone of the last decade...anyone to ever coach the founding franchise of the NFL in the 103 years this franchise has been around...and your solution is just to keep things the same? That for me is mind blowing logic and unless Flus can show something incredibly different over the next seven games then the buck has to stop with him even if I believe his staff and a ton of other factors are also to blame.

And again I can take trying to lose for a season...I can even take that this is another rebuilding year...but where is the progress? Are we sold on Fields or are we blowing that up? Is Getsy the answer at OC? Who is going to be the DC? What about the rest of this staff? Again how much development of players have we seen? For a rebuild what can we hang our hat on right now? We are a QB decision from blowing it all up again.

Michigan has withdrawn Harbaugh's contract offer as of Monday...your also reaching on the McCaskey's or Warren not wanting Harbaugh or Harbaugh wanting to go to LA...the dude was ready to take the Minnesota job...no one knows what he will want this offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The can sell out the stadium in their sleep...huge market small stadium...but I will guarantee every billable is down over the past 2 seasons...as fans we know next to nothing about the operating revenue that an NFL team can generate but as with any sport consistent losing impacts the bottom line...

For me it's fairly simple.

If Fields balls out  and shows that he deserves to be the franchise QB going into next season then I think they'll run it back with Flus & Getsy, with some minor coaching staff moves 

However if Fields / team finish out the season just mediocre to poorly and Bears end up with a top-2 pick then I think they start over at both HC & QB

• Like 3