Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I do think the overall offensive game plan wasn't very good. They ran at some of the weirdest times. And through too many screens, despite the only score, being down the field.. while the O'Connell guy didn't play his best game, I don't think the OC did him very many favors either(at least)

I agree the oc was bad today and didn’t do Aiden any favors. Aiden missed some throws, made some bad decisions, abd holds ball too long at times but I guess that’s to be expected. If he was bit younger and more mobile I would be easier on him but he is who he is which make it easy for good defenses to defend. We have to address qb hard this off-season. I look at Aiden as a David mills okay but not the guy to get you where you want to go 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. 

But I say the course should end at the end ofnthe regular season barring a major leap forward. 

The issue is this- 

We need a full time HC. 

Candidates will be available for that job. 

Is AP's performance enough to pass on the other candidates? Because if you do, you're on the hook with AP for at least the next 2-3 years. 

The Giants amd Jets aren't good. Josh McDaniels could have beaten them. 

The Dolphins are good. Josh played some good teams close, too. 

Josh wasn't fired because of losing close games, he was fired because of poor overall decisions, performance, and fan backlash. 

The fan backlash was massive in getting him fired. If the results remain the same- that is, we beat a couple of bad teams but can't win otherwise- why does someone deserve the job? 

People are going to defend AP no matter what. Hey, I like him too. But not being Josh McDaniels isn't what I want in a HC. Right now, a lot of people have the rose tinted glasses on simply because AP is not JMD. If the results are still what jMD would produce, we're still largely screwed. 

Absent Bem Johnson or Jim Harbaugh or some other "slam dunk" candidate, I'm fine keeping AP instead of someone else random. But as much as I like AP, I'm just not giving him a pass for being more likeable than Josh was. 

OK, but my question is that is who do you actually think specifically is better than AP definitively as a head coaching candidate? That's the real question that should dictate who is hired. Because if the candidate is not definitively better than AP,AP should be the coach next year based on what we've seen thus far including today's loss.

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

A full rebuild into what? More tests for players and schemes that you don’t know will work or not? Then perhaps another rebuild

This team needs to add some in a few spots and roll into the future

First the 1st time in a couple decades we have an identity on defense. There’s young players across the team that will get better. Let’s stop getting rid of players and watching them flourish across the league 

This team has never undergone a full rebuild since Gruden took over and isn't close to being a perennial contender--the roster isn't good enough. This was true even when they made the playoffs in 2021 and 2016. The defense is playing well, but this isn't a good defense. Fans get fooled but seasonal stretches like this all the time--it isn't real.

And, the bolded are the famous last words of countless Raiders teams. Trade Adams, sign-and-trade Jacobs, keep Miller and Crosby, draft your QB of the future, and wish for the best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

In terms of on field production, sure you can do alot worse then Carr. But Carr is the worst type of QB to have though because as @Tank4Drake has said, he will do just enough to stop you from replacing him and you will spend years making excuses year after year. 

we know already that Jimmy or Aidan wont be starting for us next year. There is no confusion, there are no excuses. We will go into the offseason hopefully with every intention to find the guy. I prefer this.

for sure, but this to me is a management flaw, not Carrs fault. 

should always be evaluating if you can upgrade roster spots, and if its worth it etc. 

to add, the niners or kc... didnt cut smith or garropolo until after they moved up to get their guy... 

2 very well ran teams... they were able to identify their qbs limit, and made moves to upgrade.

-
we cut the guy, because we needed a terrible year to then move on. just seems like a wasted year imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right we have to keep things in perspective. When was the last time we played this good in Miami. And I know that sounds like a moral victory but the reality is this is the best offense in the NFL statistically and we held them to 20 points. Sure we didn't score them but we also have a rookie that was drafted on the third day of the draft, and that no one expected to start playing in his fourth game and an offensive coordinator who's never called plays in the NFL before his game ever. We're not gonna be picking top 10 this year.

I agree. If there’s ever a moral victory this is one. 
This team reminds me of the Lions last year. Lost of lot of close games and some bad loses mixed in. They played hard and went into the offseason with momentum and an identity to get better

Eventually need to let the team stop becoming a revolving door of players 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK, but my question is that is who do you actually think specifically is better than AP definitively as a head coaching candidate? That's the real question that should dictate who is hired. Because if the candidate is not definitively better than AP,AP should be the coach next year based on what we've seen thus far including today's loss.

Harbaugh, Johnson at least. Possibly some others depending on who accepts interviews. Literally name dropped them in the post you quoted. 

My question is what has AP actually done beyond not being JMD? The same results would be the same results, and they weren't good enough. We have cigars in the locker room? We beat horrendous teams? We look like we could potentially pull of an upset but fail to actually do so? Guys are happier? AP talks a good talk? 

Note, I'm in no way saying AP shouldn't be interviewed for the job, nor am I saying we should Bissacia him. What I'm saying is he hasn't done anything I say warrants taking our name out of the HC search emtirely and just removing the interim label from AP's title. The same goes for AP as it does for Champ Kelly, Bo Hardigrree, and AOC- nobody is getting a free pass for not just not being McDaniels, Zeigler, Lombardi, or Carr/Jimmy. 

I say that, because you know as well as I do that regardless of how the rest of this season plays out, there are those out there who will 100% argue tooth and nail that we should simply give the job(s) to those guys "because they're already here". Not "select them as the best candidate following a thorough interview process", but "give them" the job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree. If there’s ever a moral victory this is one. 
This team reminds me of the Lions last year. Lost of lot of close games and some bad loses mixed in. They played hard and went into the offseason with momentum and an identity to get better

Eventually need to let the team stop becoming a revolving door of players 

I think the smartest thing the lions did was keep Dan Campbell after that first year regardless of how bad the team looked. Because the biggest thing that the lions needed wasn't a positional it was culture change. The belief that you can play with anybody against anybody. I think we are in a similar boat as of today(could change down the stretch, but we're not there yet) I'm sure we all would like a crazy genius offensive coach, and a franchise quarterback for one thing we cannot sacrifice is the culture that this guy has brought. I don't think you just find another one of those guys. Is the primary thing a head coach has to have especially here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Anyone who thinks coaching wasn't part of the loss is delusional. 

Do you not understand the concept of execution? Gameplan seemed fine today, players appeared to be motivated throughout the entire game, and offense (in particular AOC) just didn't execute well today. AOC just had his worst game of the season, that's all. No one is expecting him to be perfect and it's just one game, but he is largely the reason we lost today. Unfortunately we couldn't run the ball and it led to a lot of pass attempts in the 2nd half. If we took advantage of turnovers and took a lead we would have been able to run the ball more in the 2nd half.

I think it's annoying that we win 2 games against inferior opponents decisively, everyone is ecstatic, and then we lose an extremely competitive game against the best offense in the NFL and had numerous opportunities to beat them, and now everyone thinks the coaching staff sucks... makes no sense and is why I say delusional. 

What's your reasoning for why the coaching is to blame for today's loss? Genuinely curious.