Most surprising players this season?

RaidersAreOne

Sam Howell leading the league in passing yards is wild to me. I keep hearing chatter about Lamar, Stroud, etc. for MVP, which makes sense because of their teams (somewhat) success, but Howell is playing amazingly with a corpse of a roster behind him. Wild that I see just as much discussion about his replacement relative to his level of play this year. Not sure if I've ever seen that level of disparity before.

edit: also Mike Tomlin being able to make a roster that is the equivalent of a bag of peanuts work will always amaze me.

Edited by elevators_rule

Jabrill Peppers

Puka Nacua

Bobby Okereke

Also, shouting out a dude on the Steelers. Jaylen Warren. I've seen the Steelers play 3x and even though this dude doesn't get a lot of touches in the games I watched, he looked like a freaking punisher. Never heard of him, but he's flashed to me several times this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

He’s played 10 games, QBs directly behind him have played 9. He’d still be top 5-8, but he’s only first right now because Washington hasn’t had their bye yet. 

Yea, and he's like 50 passing attempts higher than the #2 guy in passing attempts as it stands today

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Sam Howell leading the league in passing yards is wild to me. I keep hearing chatter about Lamar, Stroud, etc. for MVP, which makes sense because of their teams (somewhat) success, but Howell is playing amazingly with a corpse of a roster behind him. Wild that I see just as much discussion about his replacement relative to his level of play this year. Not sure if I've ever seen that level of disparity before.

edit: also Mike Tomlin being able to make a roster that is the equivalent of a bag of peanuts work will always amaze me.

Howell's offensive roster is fine. 

He'd be on my list of pleasant surprises, but we don't have to make it bigger than it is either. He's got some nice weapons around him. The offensive line isn't great, but not nearly as bad as the sack totals make it out to be.