Watson done for season

MWil23

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lance is gone, his bed is made. Watson still has the ability to positive impact the browns

Also, the contract is separate than the trade, tbh. That may be the worst contract of all time

He has the opportunity to impact the Browns.. Ability I am not so sure about anymore.. out of football for roughly two years and hasn't he been meh/bad this year anyway? 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We wouldn’t be Browns fans if we didn’t go all in on the negative schtick when something goes wrong.

The fact people are forgetting is the Browns were fine trading Dobbs because of how good DTR looked in preseason/training camp. Hindsight is 20/20 but its a bit unfair to look back and say they should have kept him when at the time--it was the correct move given how good DTR looked and not knowing Watson was going to injure his shoulder...twice.

Just now, fluhartz said:

He has the opportunity to impact the Browns.. Ability I am not so sure about anymore.. out of football for roughly two years and hasn't he been meh/bad this year anyway? 

Yeah, I mean, nothing has indicated to me that he's going to be good moving forward, but I've seen him be good before, so I can't discount it. 

I saw the San Francisco Giants give out a horrible contract to Barry zito which he was awful during, and then he had a magical post season couple of starts and it was all worth it lol

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

The fact people are forgetting is the Browns were fine trading Dobbs because of how good DTR looked in preseason/training camp. Hindsight is 20/20 but its a bit unfair to look back and say they should have kept him when at the time--it was the correct move given how good DTR looked and not knowing Watson was going to injure his shoulder...twice.

Basing what you have on preseason play from a seventh round pick at quarterback is gambling too much when you are getting a late round pick in return for a capable back up at the most important position on the field.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don’t want to hear it, we knew after week 4 he wasn’t it. Make a deadline trade Berry. He even could have gotten Dobbs back! He was traded again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Hershel Walker will always be the worst trade ever. 

Nope this one is worse. Record breaking fully guaranteed contract, crap ton of high draft picks, and trading for a guy with around 25 sexual assault allegations alienating a significant chunk of loyal fans.

This is a team that was finally on the cusp of having a decent roster after 20 years of mostly being in the running for worst franchise in the NFL. Then pull this off. Hershel Walker was bad. This Watson trade is catastrophic.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Deshaun Watson is to the Browns,  what Grant Hill was to the Magic way back in the day!

Except Grant Hill was an A+ dude and had zero baggage off the court, so he was at least a plus for the image of the team. Can't quite say the same for Watson.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lance is gone, his bed is made. Watson still has the ability to positive impact the browns

Also, the contract is separate than the trade, tbh. That may be the worst contract of all time

The trade doesn’t happen without the historic fully guaranteed contract. The contract was very much a part of the trade.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Need to give Matt Ryan a call. They CANNOT trot PJ Walker out there for the rest of the season.

Until then, they should start giving Dorian Thompson-Robinson at 50 percent of 1st team snaps.   DTR looked awful in his first game, but at least he can learn and grow.   PJ Walker is who he is.

I mean, DTR has like a 10-20 percent chance of being OK as a starter in 1-2 week if you go down this route.    PJ Walker has a 100 percent chance of not being the answer.   

What's interesting is that there are 2 stories floating around about when/how it happened:

Maybe someone got the details wrong - but if no one can point to the obvious play where his shoulder popped out Martin Riggs-style, then it's far more concerning that we're talking about the pre-existing shoulder instability associated with a rotator cuff tear, than a sudden single high-trauma event.

Does anyone have the play where it supposedly happened on YT/IG/Twitter?

Edited by Broncofan