Watson done for season

MWil23

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Watson being injury prone was kinda swept under the rug due to his contract and off the field issues... what a disaster trade, man. horrible timing with this defense they have 

if this was before the trade deadline they could possibly trade for (mitch) a vet qb.  This is a good example of why it's good to have a quality QB2 if possible. They did have Dobbs though, so one could expect the more Minny wins, the more painful it will be for the Browns if they aren't winning.   If PJ or the rook don't play good enough, is that it for the Browns season or do they get another QB from the other leagues (CFL, XFL, USFL)? 

36 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I call this a dumb take, what was the Browns supposed to do? It's easy to play the hindsight game now but who else was really going to come to Cleveland? 

I call this a dumb response. Lol at even trying to justify it 🤣

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I call this a dumb take, what was the Browns supposed to do? It's easy to play the hindsight game now but who else was really going to come to Cleveland? 

I call the above take not just a river in Egypt. There is no hindsight game. This is the proverbial copium at its finest; there were a thousand reasons not to go through with this deal. Many didn't want him at the time so don't pretend no one could have seen this coming. This was always what was going to happen. And watch Jimmy doesn't fire anyone.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Maybe not sell their soul and give a fully guaranteed contract to a quitter with 23 sexual allegation claims? 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Jeez. And we just signed Wentz, so there's not much left on the QB FA market either. The corpse of Matt Ryan?

A big nope.   Even his booth sidekick thinks he's better (I know it's a joke, but inadvertently he's dead on).

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I call the above take not just a river in Egypt. There is no hindsight game. This is the proverbial copium at its finest; there were a thousand reasons not to go through with this deal. Many didn't want him at the time so don't pretend no one could have seen this coming. This was always what was going to happen. And watch Jimmy doesn't fire anyone.

A) The Dolphins, Saints, Panthers and Falcons (who had a custom jersey made for him) did....

B) What really happened? He got injured, so you predicted that?  (I hope you went on Fanduel and made a sizable wager on your claim).

C) I find all of the hindsight talk lame, the Browns would have never had a shot at getting an elite QB without doing what they did and the majority of you all complained about the QB we had.

D) The many who you claim didn't want Watson wanted guys like Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr which is even worse...

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A) The Dolphins, Saints, Panthers and Falcons (who had a custom jersey made for him) did....

Yup. There are always suckers.

B) What really happened? He got injured, so you predicted that?  (I hope you went on Fanduel and made a sizable wager on your claim).

He's been injured off and on his entire career. He'll get injured again, or maybe he'll have a setback, milk it all next year and get an injury settlement to retire the year after. *runs to FanDuel*. You're salty today 😃. I also didn't think he was as good as some thought. The trade terms and contract...nah...if the NFL has any chance of going bankrupt, this is the kind of move that could destroy an entire organization.

C) I find all of the hindsight talk lame, the Browns would have never had a shot at getting an elite QB without doing what they did and the majority of you all complained about the QB we had.

He's not elite so

D) The many who you claim didn't want Watson wanted guys like Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr which is even worse...

Not true. But also apples to oranges as far as contract guarantee length commitment and trade compensation.

34 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

if the NFL has any chance of going bankrupt, this is the kind of move that could destroy an entire organization.

I was agreeing with everything you said up to this. This is hyperbolic.

NFL teams will always print money. Short of a literal meteor hitting the stadium, they’ll be fine in 3 years. They get all of their draft picks again in 2025.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Lance is gone, his bed is made. Watson still has the ability to positive impact the browns

Also, the contract is separate than the trade, tbh. That may be the worst contract of all time

I disagree because the contract happened right after the trade, just like on draft night you know what that guy is going to get paid so there is some control there