Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is probably because renowned tough guy @MacReady broke all of the handcuffs last time so the police didn't even bother.  

I have never claimed to be a tough guy, especially when it comes to the law. I’ve never broken the law. I would be Gute’s dream prospect if I had a high RAS score and I was 14 years younger and also good at football. Which is exactly why the Packers should not, in that case, have drafted me. Although if I DID have a high RAS score and if I DID play college football, I would have been the greatest ball hawkingest safety to ever live.

We’re looking at roughly 85 career interceptions, 40 career sacks, 20 touchdowns (one of them on offense on a jet sweep no defender could tackle me).

But I would have been the exception that proves the rule. Choir boy in life, nightmare on the field. That’s the NFL player I would have been if my mind was in the body of a gifted athlete.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I still remember to this day the first guy I saw arrested at Lambeau, was probably late 90s, early 2000s and I was just a kid. Were playing the Rams and this Rams fan stood in the aisle saying he knew for a fact that beer guy had Bud Light somewhere and he wasn't buying Miller Lite. He wouldn't sit down until someone brought him a Bud Light. Beer guy came back with a cop and took his *** out of the stadium. Good times haha.

Wonder if that guy still drinks Bud Light lol. The personality of that type of person leads me to assume pretty confidently he does not.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

I was killing them early but the fans perked up in the 4th. The heavy breakfast those milwaukeens gets them all logy, took them a few quarters to get revved up. Let some of those millers do the job. I get expectations are low going in. First 3 Qs the only time they'd get going was once Herbs was under center already and then die out on the snap. The 4th was genuinely raucous though, which makes the games so much more fun. We were standing basically all game though which was nice and there were a couple 80 year old troopers behind us who kept up, or at least didn't request I sat.

Owens has to get off the starting D. Don't love Ballentine but at least sometimes he gets the job done. Owens is so bad, but the safety opposite Derwin for the chargers might be even worse. Anthony Johnson seems like he belongs. Valentine is fine if he doesn't just stop playing.

Hated doing the double whirly bird  2 weeks in a row. Thought the OL played mostly fine. Battling. 

The miss to Musgrave. It was set up so pretty. Need to have it. Feel like that one would've broken the crowd wide open. Tucker Kraft tried his best, too bad.

Love spreading the ball around was sweet to see. All the boys showing up for the most part was fun, not too many bad drops. Wicks made up for his with a couple YACs. 

And Reed. That was almost buy a jersey game good. And I swore off jerseys. Guy needs the manufactured looks we try giving Watson. 

I think Herbert is a really ******* good QB and I'm happy I got to see him in person. Need him with an actual coach. Feel like he did a good job negating the pretty consistent pressure we were putting down. Not keying Keenan seemed like a choice. At one point I think Quay was on him and we were late getting double to help him and that's just gotta be preached all week. I liked seeing Quay as the edge guy in that quasi 40 over  front but NEED to send him help immediately in that situation. I think Vondre was his help too, so we need that identified asap. Ol boy Ekeler has lost it, case point on not paying RBs. 

So many missed catches, football gods were doing us a solid this week. Little payback for a few of these past weeks.

We have a sign on the sideline to tell our D if it's 11 or 12 personnel and I kinda hate that. Seems semi pro. Maybe everyone does it I guess idk. But we'd put a big and a smol between the hashes and the sideline and pending sign one would go in and one would come out.

Refs inserting themselves into the game late after holding flags all game is so bad. Just gotta be consistent. Unimportant game and you want the clock to wind? Fine but just keep it all the way to the end.

Seemed like quite a few injuries. Had less Chargers fans than advertised pre-game I thought. But still seemed high with how little home attendees they have.

Overall fun game to attend, but I always love spending the day in Lambeau so that bar is low for me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I was killing them early but the fans perked up in the 4th. The heavy breakfast those milwaukeens gets them all logy, took them a few quarters to get revved up. Let some of those millers do the job. I get expectations are low going in. First 3 Qs the only time they'd get going was once Herbs was under center already and then die out on the snap. The 4th was genuinely raucous though, which makes the games so much more fun. We were standing basically all game though which was nice and there were a couple 80 year old troopers behind us who kept up, or at least didn't request I sat.

Hated doing the double whirly bird  2 weeks in a row  

This was my first game in almost 30 years and I was amazed at the lack of energy the first 3 Qs. We were in the SEZ and after the first Charger TD, no one except me and my daughter did the wave your hands to distract the kicker move.  Thought that would be a given.  People around me were adamant to sit even when a guy a couple rows ahead stood up a lot.  No one yelled at him to sit but I could tell they wanted to. The old couple next to us left at the 2 minute warning. Why even go to the game, really?  It saved you like 15 minutes tops. Starting the wave during an injury TO with Chargers about to punt was an interesting choice.  At least it died out shortly after the offense got the ball. But, yes, after the fumble, the energy was way better—everyone stood and was loud for every defensive snap. Felt like we did a better job than our defense in the 4th.

I didn’t notice we tried the Musgrave TD play again until I rewatched.  They sure had that scouted, it had 0 chance. 

I’m glad I yelled “la Fleuer, you wuss” after the 3rd down run on last meaningful offensive series.  I was doing what you all wanted to do. Apparently he apologized in his post game presser. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I still remember to this day the first guy I saw arrested at Lambeau, was probably late 90s, early 2000s and I was just a kid. Were playing the Rams and this Rams fan stood in the aisle saying he knew for a fact that beer guy had Bud Light somewhere and he wasn't buying Miller Lite. He wouldn't sit down until someone brought him a Bud Light. Beer guy came back with a cop and took his *** out of the stadium. Good times haha.

haha, he'd rather get thrown out then switch, guy probably smokes tareytan cigs to, do they still make that brand?

I never saw anyone arrested at Lambeau, but I was at the Vikings-Packers tied game a few years back and walked into the atrium to see a Viking fan and Packers fan engaged in an old timey fist fight. They were circling one another with their dukes up, super wasted, and absolutely not kidding around. Tensions must have been high after one of the most boring games of all time.