Week 11 GDT: Titans(3-6) @ Jaguars(6-3)

TitanSlim

I personally saw one bad throw to Chig. 

Two forced throws to Whyle and Hopkins. 

Then sacks where he had no chance. I think the All 22 will show again how the routers are not there and match the protection. Tried to step up and got mashed. 

Then I saw a lot of screens

Saw some conversions on shorter routes. 

Only 38 plays I would have liked to see the offense more on Levis shoulders. Might as well. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I honestly don't know what any of this means lol 

Sounds like it's good for Levis and bad on the coaches?

Or 

It's just meaningless stats. 

For most part, it’s a small sample size with six or seven big air yard completions kind of skewing some efficiency metrics. Outside of success rate, which does surprise me a bit.

Not that any of it is bad or completely meaningless, analytics are typically just not entirely useful in four game samples.

A final thought about some of Levis' success. 

I've heard, if you take away the deep passes, what has he really done?

Well, I feel that was similar talk to Chris Johnson when he'd rush for 160 and 80 comes on one run. If that's his gift then that's his gift.  Maybe the Derek Carr's of the world are great at the paper cuts and the best QBs can do it all. 

But if right now, if Levis can throw for 220 yards and 2-3 TDs and most of the yards come on 2 plays then so be it. lol

Hopefully he grows, but I'd pay to see 2-3 TD bombs a game. 

But I will not confuse garbage time TD's with impactful plays. Yesterday, the offense was pretty much non-existent for various reasons. 

1.  Brewer Beat immediately.  Will spins out kind of and met by guy that beats Radunz
  2. Sprint pass complete to Hopkins 1st down
  3. Play action pass, clean pocket. Throws low, poor pass. Chig can't reel it in.
  4. Snap high, can't recover
  5. Screen pass, little gain
  6. Blocked well enough. Not sure who was all (need all 22). Scrambles for 1st down.
  7. Pressured, escapes pocket. Almost intercepted. Forced throw.
  8. Play action. Rolling. Throws high, risky pass to Hopkins. 
  9. bubble screen to Phillips 1st down
  10. blitzed. Immediate pressure. Small completion to Hopkins
  11. Blitz coming. Cant see the routes to know if he should have pulled it (All 22). Tries to run. Runs right into defenders.
  12. Play action tipped pass. Wasn't going to go for much if completed.
  13. Quick screen pass to Hopkins. Small gain
  14. 6 yard completion to Chig. 1 yard short of sticks.
  15. Bootleg quick pass to Whyle. Small gain after a penalty.
  16. Clean pocket. Scans. Nothing. Check down to Spears. Spears with a great effort play and comes up short.
  17. Pressure comes pretty fast. Completion to NWI for 1st down. 
  18. Quick pass completion to Spears. Small but decent gain after a penalty.
  19. Trick play, deep bomb completion for a TD to Hopkins.
  20. Play action deep completion to Chris Moore. Underthrown. Maybe on purpose may not. Either way, gave the WR the best chance to complete the pass. 
  21. Play action pass to Big Jeff for TD

Levis looked bad overall IMO, but it's hard to fault a QB looking bad when he's in such a ****ty situation.  There were good throws, but there were definitely bad throws, taking bad sacks, etc.  Still, he's got such bad protection that him being good means making a good play every time there's an opportunity, and that's an unrealistic standard for a rookie QB.

I mean, I was the conductor of the Levis hate train, but he's shown enough that he needs to be given time.

I worry that the pressure being allowed is going to actively make him worse as a QB though.  He's gonna get Carr syndrome at this rate.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Levis looked bad overall IMO, but it's hard to fault a QB looking bad when he's in such a ****ty situation.  There were good throws, but there were definitely bad throws, taking bad sacks, etc.  Still, he's got such bad protection that him being good means making a good play every time there's an opportunity, and that's an unrealistic standard for a rookie QB.

I mean, I was the conductor of the Levis hate train, but he's shown enough that he needs to be given time.

I worry that the pressure being allowed is going to actively make him worse as a QB though.  He's gonna get Carr syndrome at this rate.

Can you elaborate on what you saw that classified as bad. 

Not that I think he was excellent but watching it back I wouldn't classify it as bad. 

Just wondering if you could point out with a different set of eyes, what made it bad. 

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can you elaborate on what you saw that classified as bad. 

Not that I think he was excellent but watching it back I wouldn't classify it as bad. 

Just wondering if you could point out with a different set of eyes, what made it bad. 

Some bad throws, taking bad sacks, etc.  It seemed like there were several throws that came very close to being INTs, and the fumbled snap.

There weren't many highlights except for the two big throws either.  Just not a great game.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Some bad throws, taking bad sacks, etc.  It seemed like there were several throws that came very close to being INTs, and the fumbled snap.

There weren't many highlights except for the two big throws either.  Just not a great game.

Gotcha. 

Well, when I looked through all those drop backs, I thought he forced 2 passes that were close to INTs.

Was sacked 2 times and I thought really one of them is where he possibly was at blame. That first sack, Brewer got beat very quick up the middle then Radunz blew it closing the escape windows. 

Do you think the fumbled snap was on him?  Would have liked to see him catch it but was a bad snap. 

1 bad pass to Chig. 
Everything else was on target or a screen.  Without seeing the All-22, not sure if he could have hit downfield on checkdowns.

I guess if grading him and someone felt out of that equaled a bad game, I guess I understand that.

I thought he had 4 bad plays without seeing the All-22. I'd grade it at about "C."

Wish we could have passed the ball more.

our total inability to use kyle phillips in the underneath game just feels so par for the course with this team. hell, our total inability to have a quick passing game in general feels stupid. the fact that he only had one target yesterday while we repeatedly ran long-developing deep/intermediate concepts as our OL collapsed is absurd. i haven't had a huge problem with tim kelly and i get that he's working with two hands tied his back, but i'm just not sure why we're not even attempting more of that sort of thing given those constraints.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Brewer ain’t it. Who would’ve thought 270lb OL wouldn’t work?

I hate to use the weight as an issue. But it is, especially if you aren't fundamentally perfect.  I love his ability to get out and run on screens and get up to LB's. 
I think he has more good than bad, but the bad shine very brightly. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

our total inability to use kyle phillips in the underneath game just feels so par for the course with this team. hell, our total inability to have a quick passing game in general feels stupid. the fact that he only had one target yesterday while we repeatedly ran long-developing deep/intermediate concepts as our OL collapsed is absurd. i haven't had a huge problem with tim kelly and i get that he's working with two hands tied his back, but i'm just not sure why we're not even attempting more of that sort of thing given those constraints.

We don't see enough underneath routes. You'd think we'd run more of those opposed to the screens. The quick hitting passes, I think Levis was perfect or close to perfect with completion to attempt ratio. 

We just make offense hard.

Watching the Vikings yesterday I was jealous.  They make it all look easy.