NFL offenses will continue to decline.

NeptunePenguins

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/lead-gasoline-blunted-iq-half-us-population-study-rcna19028

Younger people don't have lead in their brains.

Our brains also begin to oxidize around the age of 40(ish). It started early for me.

Both of these absolute true facts mean that younger people are not only more intelligent than us fogies but they also have a higher spin rate. This clearly matters.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 3

This could have been a legitimate discussion about how QB play in the NFL has been through a golden age and is now waning from that back to the norm. Or a discussion about how defenses are catching up to offenses. But it's about computers? I'm so confused.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

This could have been a legitimate discussion about how QB play in the NFL has been through a golden age and is now waning from that back to the norm. Or a discussion about how defenses are catching up to offenses. But it's about computers? I'm so confused.

Yes let's just do that.

One thing I said years ago and still believe, and believe that we are seeing the fruits of:

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees were all top 5 QBs IMO. The boom of NFL offense coincided with those three getting to elite status. I don't think it was the rules, or anything else - I think it was them, and now that they're gone, offense is regressing to the mean

And I think there's a real chance that  50 years from now, those guys will still be viewed as top 5

12 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yes let's just do that.

One thing I said years ago and still believe, and believe that we are seeing the fruits of:

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees were all top 5 QBs IMO. The boom of NFL offense coincided with those three getting to elite status. I don't think it was the rules, or anything else - I think it was them, and now that they're gone, offense is regressing to the mean

And I think there's a real chance that  50 years from now, those guys will still be viewed as top 5

I tend to agree. I think we went through an age where 10-11 of the best pure passers of all time were in the league together. Between Payton Manning, Bret Favre, Drew Brees, the 2004 trio of Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers, guys like Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. Just so much talent at the position all at once. It's arguably the best QBs of all time right there in one sentence sans, like Dan Marino and Joe Montana. 

• Like 2

I heard something similar, but it was specifically geared toward troubleshooting when technology breaks down. Basically, that people for whom technology has always been generally reliable aren't as good at it as those of us for whom the blue screen of death was once just the cost of doing business.