Tim Boyle to start for the Jets Friday

MikeT14

There's been a lot of talk about hte Chiefs not upgrading WR1, but the fact the Jets did not upgrade their QB with Josh Dobbs being available and there being like a million serviceable backup QB's out there - and instead opting to go with Zach Wilson and now Tim Boyle, has got to be one of the strangest stories I have ever seen.

You cannot convince me, EVER, that Zach Wilson and Tim Boyle are your best options inside or outside that building. You just can't.

If this team even had a below-average QB - just someone who didn't turn the ball over 50 times - they would be actually a decent team.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's been a lot of talk about hte Chiefs not upgrading WR1, but the fact the Jets did not upgrade their QB with Josh Dobbs being available and there being like a million serviceable backup QB's out there - and instead opting to go with Zach Wilson and now Tim Boyle, has got to be one of the strangest stories I have ever seen.

You cannot convince me, EVER, that Zach Wilson and Tim Boyle are your best options inside or outside that building. You just can't.

If this team even had a below-average QB - just someone who didn't turn the ball over 50 times - they would be actually a decent team.

Agree 100% on the trade market, but there are also some guys unemployed right now who are better than Boyle.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The jets offense is broken. Beyond a qb. The offensive line can't run block or pass block. Only one wr can get open and they all have issues with drops. The team as a whole is extremely undisciplined too which leads to tons of penalties.

Inserting any below average QB is going to lead to disaster as they constantly run for their lives against four man pass rushes that dominate their 5 man line.

Joe Douglas and Saleh should be fired over the mismanagement of this season. There’s no way they can justify not having a capable backup QB after Rodgers went down. They stuck with Wilson until he completely tanked their season. 

Edited by Tony7188

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Joe Douglas and Saleh should be fired over the mismanagement of this season. There’s no way they can justify not having a capable backup QB after Rodgers went down. They stuck with Wilson until he completely tanked their season. 

Honestly, I think they were banking on Zach Wilson being that capable backup QB. He's just that bad and honestly their OC/QB coaches have to be just god awful (we all know Hackett is bad, though) to the point where Wilson has not made a single ounce of progress as a QB in 3 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z5df4naolx2mv95wrd

JD and Saleh are the best GM/HC we've had since Rex and Tanny. The only thing pulling them down is Zach Wilson and OL injuries. People want to pin the Aaron Rodger's acquisitions and their lack of production but you have to be blind not to see Woody had his thumb on those deals. We did all we could to win AR, and we did, and then his achilles blew 3 snaps into the season.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z5df4naolx2mv95wrd

JD and Saleh are the best GM/HC we've had since Rex and Tanny. The only thing pulling them down is Zach Wilson and OL injuries. People want to pin the Aaron Rodger's acquisitions and their lack of production but you have to be blind not to see Woody had his thumb on those deals. We did all we could to win AR, and we did, and then his achilles blew 3 snaps into the season.

Your entire offseason strategy was "Bring in Aaron Rodgers and all of his friends and hope it works out"

And that's the best GM you've had in a decade?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superduperman said:

To say Boyle has a noodle arm is an insult to noodles

Someone around here, I will not say who, said Tim Boyle has great arm talent and can really spin it....haha

I do not see what starting him is going to improve.  At least with Zach Wilson they can see what they got with him and despite getting totally beat down he at least is still fighting.  That Jets OL is flat awful with those injuries, Max Mitchell has to be one of the worst starting OTs in the NFL and if Becton is out at the other tackle spot who is in then?  Carter Warren, I guess he is at least better than Dennis Kelly or Austin Deculus who I am surprised is even in the NFL.  And who the hell is their backup OG or backup C for that matter?  I see Jake Hanson and Rodger Saffold on their roster, have either of them even played for the Jets yet, assuming they are recent signings.  No way they do not draft a OL in the 1st round in April.  

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your entire offseason strategy was "Bring in Aaron Rodgers and all of his friends and hope it works out"

And that's the best GM you've had in a decade?

Have you looked through our roster? Yeah, the AR crew is garbage, but outside of them we have studs all over the team.

Plus, I seriously doubt this was a JD plan and not a decision that came from ownership. "Give Aaron whatever he wants to come here" is exactly the thing Woody would say, and honestly it worked. You can't anticipate a freak injury.