Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

When players voice frustration over referee incompetence having no consequences, this is what they are talking about.

It's wild they think gaslighting is an effective strategy. Like damn...you have an opportunity to build a better product here if you're just honest and open about how you're looking to improve 

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

It's wild they think gaslighting is an effective strategy. Like damn...you have an opportunity to build a better product here if you're just honest and open about how you're looking to improve 

I'll never know what they're afraid of either, that we'll all watch a different football league on Sundays?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, squire12 said:

ball carrier needs to be going forward when going out of bounds for the clock to stop.  if they are going perpendicular to the sideline or backwards then the clock continues to run.  

I don't think them going horizontal to the sideline matters. Backwards, particularly when contacted by a defender, does matter. However, MVS was still trying to run and wasn't just spinning his wheels while doing so which might be why they let it continue.

However, those specific qualifiers are also not cited in the rulebook (having just searched through the out of bounds and clock stoppage sections) so it seems to be one of those things that the refs just call per their judgement. Outside of fans, no official accounts are really talking about it. Football Zebras said it was correct but didn't cite why, just RT'd someone who argued why it was.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, we did see an entire season where every ref protested pass interference reviews and basically stopped the NFL's attempt to make those reviewable without any consequences so of course they feel comfortable giving those answers.

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The ESPN ticker actually mentions both no calls for DPI on the final drive lol.  

Mine as well just lean into it now.  If it wasn't so late, I'd probably head down to nfl-gen and start trolling about how the refs already explained why both calls were  correct.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The ESPN ticker actually mentions both no calls for DPI on the final drive lol.  

It will just give the Packers players more disrespect fodder.  They are feeding off that stuff.

Pat Mahomes was asked about the non calls and said the refs let the guys play in those situations and he's all about that.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I think anything other than a playoff appearance would be a massive disappointment.  Which is actually really impressive with how this season played out in the first half of the season.

Especially with none of the remaining teams that we play have a winning record.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Mine as well just lean into it now.  If it wasn't so late, I'd probably head down to nfl-gen and start trolling about how the refs already explained why both calls were  correct.

Ironically, the biggest source of consternation in that thread is the ejection of Pacheco.