SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Forge said:

The rest is probably the biggest obstacle for the eagles imo. Some extra days rest for the niners, plus that Eagles defense was out there for over 90 plays yesterday. That's a lot. But the matchup is just poor for the niners. They tend to struggle against mobile QBs. Lane Johnson is one of the few tackles who is just going to erase whatever edge rusher the niners put out  there against him, including Bosa. 

That said, weather is a huge concern if you're a niners fan. I'll have to wait until we are closer to kickoff to really see where that stands, because i think everything else goes out the window if it's going to be rainy and windy. If the niners win this game, it's going to be on the arm of purdy shredding that secondary. That's not going to happen in poor weather. 

We can’t ignore Chase Young’s impact to this game, 9ers have 15 sacks in the 3 games since we brought him in, I know he doesn’t spy but I’m sure he has some sort of insight on how their line plays as he’s already played them twice with the skins

15 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Deebo hates the Eagles so we will get word from him, he even thinks Bradberry is trash

I kinda hope it just gets ugly in the media, lean into the hate week.

Fully expect guys like Reddick to still be holding that grudge from last year on the Eagles side, can tell from that quote he does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I kinda hope it just gets ugly in the media, lean into the hate week.

Fully expect guys like Reddick to still be holding that grudge from last year on the Eagles side, can tell from that quote he does.

I mean the Niners whined about the NFCCG all offseason. No way that all just freezes now that it is game week right?

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean the Niners whined about the NFCCG all offseason. No way that all just freezes now that it is game week right?

Depends. I didn't hear about the wet field issues for the chiefs/eagles rematch. 

The niners stuff was made worse by the timing. Conference championship rolls into radio row, so there's just a lot of talking. At this juncture everyone is well into got to get it done on the field territory, so I'd be a little surprised if that stuff comes from the players. 

I do expect a lot to be made by the media regurgitating the niners' players frustration with the way that game went, but I don't think you'll see much from players

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends. I didn't hear about the wet field issues for the chiefs/eagles rematch. 

The niners stuff was made worse by the timing. Conference championship rolls into radio row, so there's just a lot of talking. At this juncture everyone is well into got to get it done on the field territory, so I'd be a little surprised if that stuff comes from the players. 

I do expect a lot to be made by the media regurgitating the niners' players frustration with the way that game went, but I don't think you'll see much from players

I will say that deebo does talk a lot of ****, so if something comes from the niners, I'd imagine that it would be him and I can't say it would be the most shocking thing ever

Won't lie, everything is in place for a 49ers win. If both teams were at full health I'd be less concern. If SF wasn't coming off a mini-bye, less concerned. None of that is the case.

Lane Johnson being out against that 49ers DL would be the equivalent of Trent Williams missing this game vs the Eagles. I don't care how well Driscoll played vs the Bills, we need LJ vs SF!

If Cox and Williams miss this game our DT rotation that keeps all 5 fresh, goes out the window. Playing 90 snaps vs Buffalo, even with thier age that is not a recipe for success for JC / Davis.

There's a reason SF lost 3 straight. 2 of thier best players were not on the field. 

Lane, Goedert, Cox, Williams, Cunningham. Be nice to get 2-3 back vs our biggest NFC threat! Just doubt that occurs for any of the 5 if being honest. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

I mean, Philly has barely scratched by in most of their games while being largely outplayed at times. Two separate game winning touchdowns were outright missed against them in the last two games alone. It’s a bit silly to say Philly should take this game by any appreciable margin. Think they likely lose this one. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Won't lie, everything is in place for a 49ers win. If both teams were at full health I'd be less concern. If SF wasn't coming off a mini-bye, less concerned. None of that is the case.

Lane Johnson being out against that 49ers DL would be the equivalent of Trent Williams missing this game vs the Eagles. I don't care how well Driscoll played vs the Bills, we need LJ vs SF!

If Cox and Williams miss this game our DT rotation that keeps all 5 fresh, goes out the window. Playing 90 snaps vs Buffalo, even with thier age that is not a recipe for success for JC / Davis.

There's a reason SF lost 3 straight. 2 of thier best players were not on the field. 

Lane, Goedert, Cox, Williams, Cunningham. Be nice to get 2-3 back vs our biggest NFC threat! Just doubt that occurs for any of the 5 if being honest. 

Lane seems like it was mostly precautionary to not make it worse, sounds like he'll be good to go.
But yeah health and rest will be big this week. The work luckily is more on all the extra stuff they do with film study.

Not having a short week nor any travel should help.

While the Eagles have looked beatable in many games this season, they just find ways to win close games.  The Niners generally lose close games.  They need a big lead, run the clock, and pin their ears back on those 3rd and longs.

I've had this as a loss the whole season for the Niners.  I don't feel any more confident about it now unless a lot of guys miss this game for the Eagles.  Even then, with poor weather conditions....

Would love to see a win, but I think the Eagles get a comfortable win.  Somewhere in the area of 24-14.  

Was hoping to see better success for the Seahawks last year against the niners. But not the case.

Reason I was looking was that Desai was on that staff last year and faced basically this same team 3 times.
He was only an asst, so not on him..but not like he has a full proof plan for it that we know of to deal with all the extra stuff they do.
On the Eagles side you are happy he's at least seen it first hand a bunch.

Mixed bag of success against McVay/Shanny tree this year (Vikings, Rams, Dolphins)

• Like 1

The talk of the Eagles OL just dominating the Niners front, even with Johnson is kind of weird. I mean they will do fine but the Niners DL is going to get pressure on anyone now. The Niners defense did fine against the Eagles in the NFCCG last year and this front is better. The Eagles DL is going to be a problem but Purdy has been getting pressured in nearly every game. I'm not too concerned about that. What is the concern here is the weather conditions and how effective he will be playing in the rain. If he's fine? Then it is highly unlikely that the Eagles win this in a blowout as some are predicting. The Niners at full health just have too much talent and are too well rounded.

The Eagles defense have played over 160 snaps the last two weeks and have been playing in high pressure games for some time now. I think it catches up to them this week and they can't quite make a late comeback. I see the Niners being up 31-17 and then the Eagles score late in the game to make it a 7 point game. 

Niners win in a 31-24 type of game. 

• Like 1

Should be a close game. Hopefully the weather doesn't ruin it. Even if it rains, I'm not that concerned since it essentially makes it a 50/50 team regardless of squad or talent. 

Too bad this isn't in primetime, but of course FOX wasn't going to let this one go. If the 49ers win, I just hope there isn't a lot of chatter about having an extra 3 days of rest. 

Do you think this will be the last time these 2 teams play each other this season, regardless of whatever happens this game?

We all know the history of Cowboys v 49ers, but it feels like Philly v 49ers is gonna become another good rivalry in it's own right over the next few years, ala Tom's Patriots v Peyton's Colts. Assuming Eagles win the NFCE and 49ers win the NFCW, they will play each other in San Fran next year as well.

Edited by Jeezla