NFC Playoff Picture - ONE Week Left

packfanfb

Literally playing essentially playoff games tonight and now next week. Couldn't have asked for more from this season as a fan. Now it's time to make it an actual thing and get the W next week and get this young roster some good experience in a hostile environment in January

Love balling out, the young WR's, regardless who they put out there, all showing flashes, the TE duo all looking good, and the young Tackles playing well. Packers are in a good spot for the future. Just wrapping up the cleansing of their cap from all the dead cap they've been pushing back over the years to win now during 2020-2022, and will soon see themselves with healthy cap space again. Go out and find the right DC, add more talent on that side of the ball as well as RB depth/IOL, and get ready for another decade+ of contention

wwWctcE.jpg

• Like 2

With the Rams having clinched a spot in the playoffs it is likely they rest many key players against the 49ers. 

A win against the Bears for the Packers and a date in Detroit is the likely next stop.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

One Week Left. Based on the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Packers have two ways into the playoffs: 

Scenario 1: Packers Win --> They are in. No help needed. 

Scenario 2: Packers lose to Bears. Packers still make playoffs at 8-9 if all the following occur: 

1. Arizona (H) beats Seattle
  2. Lions (H) beat Vikings
  3. Falcons (A) beat Saints

In that scenario, GB would end up in 4-way tie with Seattle, Atlanta and New Orleans (or alternatively, Seattle, TB and New Orleans) and according to the Playoff Machine, Packers would get the nod. 

Two of those three match up will be known before we play the Bears.

Saying just in case...

10 hours ago, R T said:

With the Rams having clinched a spot in the playoffs it is likely they rest many key players against the 49ers. 

A win against the Bears for the Packers and a date in Detroit is the likely next stop.  

So, assuming the hypothetical that the Packers win and are in:  (By no means a safe assumption, given how well the Bears have played of late, and given all of injuries....):

1. Rams win, we're #7, and play #2?  (Rams play 49ers, neither team has playoff stakes)
  2. Rams lose, we'd be #6 and play #3?

Currently Cowboys are #2 and Lions #3.  Cowboys play Commanders, Lions play Vikings.  Home-field in Round 2 would be at stake, so I imagine both teams would be motivated to try to win.  

It would be fun to get a 3rd shot at Detroit.  A game in Dallas against Mike McCarthy would also be fun.  

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

First, we gotta get some guys back for Chicago.   We lost a lot of guys during the Minn game on top of the guys who were already hurt.  MVP this next week might be the training staff.

The one that worries me the most is McDuffie since we are so thin there. 

11 hours ago, R T said:

I think the rams put the foot on the gas to avoid playing philadelphia, hadnt really considered them resting. Are they banged up?

On 1/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, HokieHigh said:

I think the rams put the foot on the gas to avoid playing philadelphia, hadnt really considered them resting. Are they banged up?

Pretty sure we're going to Dallas if we get in as the Cowboys currently hold the division.

And I hope so, I really badly want us matched up with them to test Love against Quinn's defense and see if Barry rises or chokes against McCarthy's offense.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Pretty sure we're going to Dallas if we get in as the Cowboys currently hold the division.

And I hope so, I really badly want us matched up with them to test Love against Quinn's defense and see if Barry rises or chokes against McCarthy's offense.

That is a juicy matchup. Mlf vs mac in playoffs. Love vs dallas D. Berry vs Dak. I am here for it. 

Rams are starting Carson Wentz at QB this week.  I think the Packers can get to #6 with a win and a Rams loss?  Haven't dug into if that's a good or bad thing for matchup purposes.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1