Arrest warrant issued for Bills OLB Von Miller

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We still don't know anything about the Chandler Jones contract either. You'd think there would be simple language to get out of the contract if crimes were committed. 

I don't know what ever came of the Ruggs money either.

There is. It's called "conduct detrimental to the team." You should remember it, we used it on AB, Ruggs, and Arnette. It basically neuters all guaranteed future money but all past bonus money still needs to be accounted for under the cap.

9 minutes ago, Angleae said:

There is. It's called "conduct detrimental to the team." You should remember it, we used it on AB, Ruggs, and Arnette. It basically neuters all guaranteed future money but all past bonus money still needs to be accounted for under the cap.

Yeah.  It's pretty standard to include language like that in player contracts.  Conduct detrimental, conduct unbecoming, whatever.  It's basically a nuclear option "get out of a mess they create" sort of safeguard for teams.  It's hard for an agent to argue against as well, because frankly...how are you gonna try to argue, "well no, we can't put that language in the contract in case my client gets arrested in a domestic incident" or whatever.  Because you're not supposed to do illegal things that would trigger that clause in the first place.  😆

Anyway.  Bills really not having the season they thought they were going to have.  The wheels are kinda falling off there it seems like.  Curious how they'll manage to reset for next year.  What happens with this Von Miller contract probably factors heavily into that, with what sort of flexibility they end up having to retool.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I wanna see the evidence. I wouldn’t put anything past these owners when it comes to trying to get out of their stupid contracts.

if it’s true though. Well then obviously 

You think an owner would frame one of their players for domestic violence to get out of paying them money? TBH after seeing the past behavior of various owners and billionaires, it wouldn't completely shock me, but why does your mind immediately go to that scenario in this situation?

Edited by BroncoSojia
  • Like 1

Not sure about specifics in Dallas, but if he were still in Buffalo he’d have “dodged” a major felony as per her victim statement. Bruising on the neck is no bueno.

After those texts that came out a few years ago (whether they were with this woman or different one), can’t say this was way out of the blue. 

Buffalo signed an old, declining player, with multiple knee injuries. He has since since gotten even older, gotten re-injured, declined even further, and is now going to find himself arrested for the Dallas equivalent of DV assault and criminal mischief. Oh, and his cap hit triples next year. 

Called that a bad signing right away. Obviously didn’t expect this, but this doesn’t help.