Thursday Night "Football": America's Team vs. Dallas Cowboys

AFlaccoSeagulls

15 hours ago, Soko said:

H2H - doesn’t matter

Tougher schedule - doesn’t matter

1 yard TDs - doesn’t matter

Must've missed the memo on all this!

Implying this is any way indicative of the quality of points I’ve made is delusional at best. 

But yes, comparing total touchdowns when Hurts has a good chunk coming from the “tush push” is ridiculous given that is more about his line’s collective dominance than any individual dominance or skill from Hurts. Dak has very obviously been better on an individual basis.

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I mean I'm really just giving them a chance to defend an impressive stat by their favorite team. Add some context to it and talk about it a little bit. But nope, we'll just leave it at 14-0 or whatever and stop talking about it lol

Hey! Just watching the eagles getting absolutely rinsed right now in Philly by your truly 49ers (team above .500 that we couldn't beat either just want you to know that from your previous post) . I think I'm gonna need more context now too!

Cheers!

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

14 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Amazing, so you wish to preach to judge my content yet assume my fandom history and background? 

I think being a fan of a team isn't really a choice, atleast for a true fan anyway. I'm not going to bore you with my life story but just want to make a point you made a drastic assumption.

I do question how much you know about winning being a Lions fan. Just want to put that statement out there if you are so quickly come to question our fanbase and their character. Every fanbase has a sense of culture, it just seems suspicious when you hide yours until taken note, especially on a football forum of all places..?

What does that say about the confidence in your football knowledge and making defining statements about a 9-3 team? Can we trust your opinion?

I'm sure you "won't bore me with it" because I'm completely right.

Interesting that you'd try to pull that nonsense and then try to insult someone based on their fanhood. That's just straight up hypocrisy.

You say nothing of import or consequence. You simply attack and don't have valid reasons. I'm gonna go ahead and put you on iggy. Feel free to keep yelling at your monitor.

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Implying this is any way indicative of the quality of points I’ve made is delusional at best. 

But yes, comparing total touchdowns when Hurts has a good chunk coming from the “tush push” is ridiculous given that is more about his line’s collective dominance than any individual dominance or skill from Hurts. Dak has very obviously been better on an individual basis.

It’s the cliff notes version. You don’t get to dictate what matters, however.

As far as MVP discussions go, nobody is going to comb through the player’s stats and say “wellllll, on this play he had a lot of help”. People are also going to factor in H2H and SOS. You could say you don’t care for it, but they are going to be factors for the majority of people.

Dak indeed has the stat argument. He’s also dinged by a weak SOS, losses in H2Hs, and (as of now) 2nd place in his own division. Hurts is the opposite. Has H2H wins (not vs the Niners after today), is still the #1 seed with the best record, and has a strong SOS…but his stats are not typically MVP worthy. They both have separate cases. But I’m not going to sit here and pretend like only the stuff that suits my favorite player is relevant, and everybody else’s resumes are invalid. 

7 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm sure you "won't bore me with it" because I'm completely right.

Interesting that you'd try to pull that nonsense and then try to insult someone based on their fanhood. That's just straight up hypocrisy.

You say nothing of import or consequence. You simply attack and don't have valid reasons. I'm gonna go ahead and put you on iggy. Feel free to keep yelling at your monitor.

I like how not displaying your team in your avatar and username means you're "hiding your fandom" lol - like we all have to show our gang tats or something.

• Like 1