Thursday Night "Football": America's Team vs. Dallas Cowboys

AFlaccoSeagulls

Man, just read the whole thread and we got a lot of haters in here tonite 🤣. Dak played a hell of a game, defense not so much, but made the stops when it counted. Even if Cowboys beat Philly next week, it won’t mean nothing unless they do it in the playoffs 🤷‍♂️. Me, as a Cowboys , this was the best Thursday night of the year 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Man, the NFL has fallen off if Dak is a serious MVP contender.

Obviously this isn’t the era of Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers… but come on. Dak has been stellar, and frankly it’s been a long time coming that he’d get some legit credit. 

21 touchdowns to 2 interceptions over the last seven games (so much for the interception problems that he actually does not have). Over 300 passing yards per game in that stretch, carving teams up with great efficiency. He leads the league in touchdowns, and is leading arguably the hottest offense on a team winning a lot of games. He has unquestionably been impressive. Ever since the team had the bye week to make some adjustments with McCarthy’s new offense they have blown the doors off of opposing defenses. Think the man is due for some respectable credit. 

• Like 1

Great game. Showed me a few things.

1 The Seahawks free fall continues. Never believed in them this season. I said before the season started that both the Giants and Seahawks will miss the playoffs. The Giants made a no sweat by crashing fast. Took a little bit for that to happen to the Seahawks but it has. They still have the Niners again and the Eagles. They will lose both games to continue the free fall to out of the playoffs. They need a QB bc Geno in reality isn’t it. He is OK as long as there is little to no expectations. He could be OK while you slowly bring along a rookie QB ala Jayden Daniels (whom I don’t want my LSU guy to go there but he would be great with the Seahawks). But Geno isn’t the real answer for the Seahawks.

2 The Cowboys aren’t dominating teams that aren’t “tomato cans” as Chris Broussard calls it. They found a way to win but they know they will be in dog fights against better teams. Don’t think highly of the Seahawks but they aren’t the Giants, Jets, Commanders, Pats, and Panthers. The Cowboys will have the Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions coming up next. Even better teams than the Seahawks. Back to back road games against the Dolphins and Bills. This will test the Cowboys to see if they are truly ready for a Superbowl run this season. 

3 Dak is on an MVP tear. Yes he did a lot of his damage against bad teams but he had a great game against the Eagles who is arguably the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks which still have somewhat of pulse even if it’s faint as a playoff caliber team. So these next four games against better teams will determine if Dak has a great chance to win the MVP. He has to play well and the Cowboys have to win. But he played well against the Seahawks which is great.

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1