Thursday Night "Football": America's Team vs. Dallas Cowboys

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, Soko said:

You see Parsons lined up outside you. You know you don’t have any blockers to your right. You know it’s a pass play. How do you just ignore him?

If it's what they blocking scheme calls for, it's what you do. They had I think Kearse up on the line. RG had to be ready to take him if he blitzes. Means RT needs to take Lawrence. Parsons is the end guy, so if you have to leave someone unblocked or blocked by the RB, that's who it will be. It's on the RB and Geno to know that and adjust accordingly. You don't let Lawrence go unblocked, who is closer to the QB, because Parsons is scary.

2 minutes ago, Soko said:

You see Parsons lined up outside you. You know you don’t have any blockers to your right. You know it’s a pass play. How do you just ignore him?

Like I get that the playcall may have shifted because of the blitz, but uh yeah you can’t be a robot, gotta be cognizant of the moment and who’s lined up outside of you.

This very thing is why Spagz routinely rolls out all-out blitzes on downs like that. You kinda use the rules of the offense against them and somebody is gonna come in unblocked. You pray that it’s Parsons lol

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

If it's what they blocking scheme calls for, it's what you do. They had I think Kearse up on the line. RG had to be ready to take him if he blitzes. Means RT needs to take Lawrence. Parsons is the end guy, so if you have to leave someone unblocked or blocked by the RB, that's who it will be. It's on the RB and Geno to know that and adjust accordingly. You don't let Lawrence go unblocked, who is closer to the QB, because Parsons is scary.

Eh you go after Parsons every time, he’s much faster than Lawrence. I’d rather push Parson outside and hope Geno sees the guy in front of him coming and makes a play. 

Realistically they needed a quick pass behind a blitzer to be successful there. 

• Like 1