Week #13 General 🏈 Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Do they have backup refs for situations like that where the ref gets injured?

Last I knew they don't typically have a backup ref, but they kind of spread that ref's responsibilities around. So there's a backup for each job that ref has, but not necessarily an extra ref.

Just now, scar988 said:

They were at the 8. But penalty happened in the end zone. Thought all personal fouls in the end zone put the ball at hte 1. If that's changed, then I don't know.

That was never the rule. Only pass interference puts it at the 1

Just now, scar988 said:

I don't have a problem with it because he's been growing and learning every game. I think he's developing. If they win the division, it only happens because he's improved his play.

Well, and because the division sucks lol

• Like 2

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Has Will Anderson been this good all year, or is this a breakout game?

both? He has been among the league leaders in pass rush win rate despite being doubled a ton, but hasn't finished the sacks. And our interior hasn't been getting push allowing QBs to step up easily.Β 

With that said this has definitely been his best game beating his guy consistently and affecting the play and finishing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

Do they have backup refs for situations like that where the ref gets injured?

The ref is expected to play through injury outside of something serious like a torn ACL. Ref in Pro Sports, you gotta be able to take a beating.Β 

If they tear an acl or have a concussion, I imagine the NFL will just help out the rest of the game. There is no rule saying the NFL can’t just review whatever they want.Β