Kyle McCord entering Transfer Portal

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

He looked pretty average with that talent around him. Not sure why a top school would want him.

He’s terrible when he has to go through more than one read. He’s immobile. He locks on to whoever his first target is. Terrible against pressure. If he has a clean pocket and it’s a simple accuracy throw to his first read, he does just fine. Everything evident this year is that he’s a lower level power five quarterback and a pretty good one, but certainly not what you want from a starting quarterback with a contender. 

On 12/14/2023 at 1:51 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Im sort of shocked buy how little attention from bigger schools he is getting. Nebraska? Syracuse? Whew. He cant do better than that?

He wanted assurance he would be the starter. This is his last year of eligibility, so he couldnt take a chance to going some where and stinking it up in the competition period or if something happens and gets hurt for a little bit and the back up plays to well and replaces him. I think if he wasnt desperate to be assured the starting spot, he probably would have went to other schools. I think Nebraska was going to be his landing spot until they got news on Raiola.

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He apparently went to Ryan Day the week following his debacle against Michigan and asked for assurance to be the starter and for more money from collectives. I would have laughed in his face and in a roundabout way I think that’s what happened.

The stories Ive read was it was his dad

McCord handled this poorly. You know who else did? Ryan Day.

“McCord will be a senior in 2024. He had a chance to redshirt as a freshman. He played four games early in the season, including a start against Akron when Stroud was injured. Day then inserted him in a blowout of Michigan State in the next-to-last game of the regular season. That fifth game made him ineligible for a redshirt, something that rankled the McCord side. With only one year of eligibility left, McCord believed he had to go somewhere where he knew he would start.”

Day burned a year of eligibility and the kid wants to start and wants to capitalize on money now because he’s not NFL bound, at least not as a Day 1-2 pick.