Kyle McCord entering Transfer Portal

Texansfan713

Not suprised,  I feel like he got a lot of heat from OSU fans this past season and doesnt want to deal with the outside pressure (especially without his bff MHJ next year). Interested to see if he stays in the B1G or goes elsewhere. He seems like a really good QB for a team like Rutgers, Cincinatti, Wisconsin or even like Iowa. I could also see a team like NC being a good spot for him with the departure of Drake Maye.

Arch Manning/Maalik Murphy incoming?

Edited by AkronsWitness

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not suprised,  I feel like he got a lot of heat from OSU fans this past season and doesnt want to deal with the outside pressure (especially without his bff MHJ next year). Interested to see if he stays in the B1G or goes elsewhere. He seems like a really good QB for a team like Rutgers, Cincinatti, Wisconsin or even like Iowa. I could also see a team like NC being a good spot for him with the departure of Drake Maye.

If they take a portal guy it’s because he’s a plug and play dude. I think they like what they are developing at least with the incoming freshman and Lincoln Keinholz. I can see them looking for a one year starter to try to win a championship but I don’t think Manning makes sense. We will see how aggressive they are throwing money at a portal guy. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If they take a portal guy it’s because he’s a plug and play dude. I think they like what they are developing at least with the incoming freshman and Lincoln Keinholz. I can see them looking for a one year starter to try to win a championship but I don’t think Manning makes sense. We will see how aggressive they are throwing money at a portal guy. 

Cam Ward

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If I’m Luke Fickell I’m making a phone call.

Me too.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Nah. We need a dual threat type of QB more to open up our offense. 

He's plenty athletic enough, we don't need a guy running QB draws 10 times a game we need a guy who can both run and throw accurately. Could do a lot worse.

I think he was in the wrong system for real success.  He's not the guy to air it out as much as Ohio State wants to with their WRs, he needs to be on a team that prefers to run the ball to setup play action.  So teams like Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc, historically.

Whether Ohio State goes into the transfer portal or goes with what they have will likely be based on how Brown, Keinholz, whoever, is the starting QB for them against Missouri does.  If they perform well I don't think they'll look to bring in a transfer portal guy.

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

From recent comments by Day it sounds like they are ready to be aggressive with it but at the same time Im not sure what their plan for next season is. Seems like a rebuilding year. The entire RB room is gone with Henderson/Chip/Miyan, Harrison/Egbuka/Stover are gone, entire LB/DE/S starters are gone, ect.

Outside of the OL which will largely remain intact (for better or worse), there isnt position group that is returning full of veterans in their final years. That was this year and they blew it largely because of their QB.

So while a proven veteran starter at QB might be their answer, I have questions about realistic expectations next season given that almost the entire defense will be new players along with RB/WR/TE on offense. Its time for the recruiting classes of 22'/23' to take over and with that comes a looot of question marks. Outside of Hancock/Tate/Hayden at the skill positions there arnt too many guys who have on-field experience for next season

Edited by AkronsWitness

53 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why would Arch Manning transfer out?  Isn't Ewers likely to declare for the draft?

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Why would Arch Manning transfer out?  Isn't Ewers likely to declare for the draft?

Last I heard a few weeks ago he was leaning towards staying. Which prompted the whole 'is Manning/Maalik going to transfer' question. That obviously could change depending how Texas finishes their season and what the scouts are saying about his draft status.

TX has the same issue OSU has had the past 5 years. They have 3 really good highly recruited QBs and one (or two) are likely going to transfer if they dont win the starting job.

Edited by AkronsWitness