Week 14: MNF Packers @ Giants Leadup - Beware A Trap Game Or Surprise Fight

LLcheesehead12

On 12/5/2023 at 4:55 PM, Old Guy said:

Still not firing everybody? 

Are you kidding me?  Gute, LaFleur and Barry are the MENNNN!!! Booyahhhh!

Ok ok I kid.  But no seriously, as hard as I get on LaFleur, I'm not so crazy that I want progress to be destroyed.  And we have made so much of that and we might actually finish 11-6.  I mean, that's no sure thing by any means, but either way we come a long way and at the end of this year, we'll have exceeded expectations in many ways, and he did prove me wrong about developing QBs because Love definitely seems to have solidified himself as our guy, whether that means as a good or elite QB, but either way I'd say we definitely seem to be headed to a third successful QB in a row.

Now I still got my skepticism on whether or not LaFleur, Gute and the rest of our current org will get more SB championships out of Love's career than their predecessors did out of Favre and Rodgers careers, but for now I think we can enjoy seeing the rest of this season play out before worrying about that.

I do still think Barry should go after the season ends and possibly Bisaccia too, and I suspect there'll be one more upcoming game reminding us of the liability that they still are.  But that day will come when it comes.

I’m interested to see a young team that has played up to their last two opponents keep that level of play against a team they should beat.

I also am not a believer in Barry. The numbers are skewed due to the offense sustaining drives and finishing them with TD. I want to see the defense shut this Giants team down.

Turnovers can be kinda random, but we've won three games with turnover advantages.  Hope we can have that again.  Probably not going to win by any big margin without a turnover advantage. 

Need the offense to score.  Giants have scored over 17 points twice this season.  If the offense can score in the 20's the Packers should have a good chance to win.  Also possible, of course, that MLF was doing a little more creative stuff as an underdog the last couple of games.  Will he get more conservative again as a favorite?  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I believe, fully, that Barry can keep this game close.

Sadly, this might be accurate. I want to believe he's turned a corner but do not fully trust him. 

If he doesn't load the box against Danny DeVito's son, make him take a commercial flight home and fire is *** on the spot. 

• Like 2

Two key players to watch here are Neal and Lawrence. Neal is their starting RT and has not practiced yet this week. If you remember last year's game, Lawrence was a big problem and wrecked the game at times inside. He didn't practice yesterday and was "estimated" to be limited today. He pulled a hammy three weeks ago and missed their last game before the bye. 

In other news, it does not appear that Waller is coming off IR this week as his practice window has yet to open. 

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good to see Jones back. Would be nice to have him back in the offense, especially with Watson out. 

Wonder what's up with Walker and Savage? 

I'd probably keep Jones out this week.  That turf in New Jersey is nobody's friend.   Let him rest the knee another week and get him back on the natural grass at Lambeau next week, ready for the stretch run.    JMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Two key players to watch here are Neal and Lawrence. Neal is their starting RT and has not practiced yet this week. If you remember last year's game, Lawrence was a big problem and wrecked the game at times inside. He didn't practice yesterday and was "estimated" to be limited today. He pulled a hammy three weeks ago and missed their last game before the bye. 

In other news, it does not appear that Waller is coming off IR this week as his practice window has yet to open. 

Hopefully Lawrence plays, our OL needs those reps

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron Jones also said he could have came back into the Bears game after his hammy and the missed the next 3-4 weeks or whatever it was. 

I would say the realistic goal would be to have Watson back for Week 17 against the Vikings. That would mean him missing 3 games.