Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

my thought is don't trade both 3rd's because then we won't have a 3rd when we get to that round.

trade one 3rd and two of the 4th's?

that could get us anywhere between #52 and #55 or so

Yeah, I really have no intention of trading both 3rds, but I thought I'd present it as an option.  Far more likely is that I'd trade 1 of the 3rds and 2 of the 4ths, but I would almost want another 6th or 7th rounder in return for doing that.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I really have no intention of trading both 3rds, but I thought I'd present it as an option.  Far more likely is that I'd trade 1 of the 3rds and 2 of the 4ths, but I would almost want another 6th or 7th rounder in return for doing that.

if you want, but 6th's and 7th's are worthless, really.

don't lose the deal by chasing pennies, is how i look at it. but it's your call.

they're on pick #47 right now.

The closer we get to the draft the more that it seems that we’ll stick and pick to get two first round talents. One of them obviously being a QB and the other being a defensive player, most preferably a DT. At #11 we can take Michael Penix Jr., who is having a last minute rise up draft boards after that pro day and Byron Murphy, Jerzhan Newton, Braden Fiske or Tvondre Sweat at pick #23. I’d prefer this over trading away our future assets for a QB than can be equally as successful as a QB like Penix Jr. with our offense. Penix with Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson along with Aaron Jones and Ty Chandler running the ball will be the greatest show on turf all over again. He might be the best thrower of the ball besides Caleb Williams and we’re actually lucky that he has a history of injuries, because he’d be a top 3 pick if otherwise. I can already see Penix throwing darts to Jefferson with his purple durag and doing his bow and arrow celebration. All of that is too great to pass up. 

Edited by Purplepride323

Posted (edited)

Last Chance Mock Draft:

Vikings trade into the 2nd round with Cleveland, and select OG Cooper Beebe, Kansas State. 

1.8 JJ McCarthy, QB
2.54 Cooper Beebe, OG

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

6th's and 7th's are worthless, really.

I understand the sentiment, but I've never cared for it. You can strike gold in the late rounds, or even UDFAs. We did it last year haha

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Last Chance Mock Draft:

Vikings trade into the 2nd round with Cleveland, and select OG Cooper Beebe, Kansas State. 

1.8 JJ McCarthy, QB
2.54 Cooper Beebe, OG

Did his dad also play for the Packers?

Edited by vikesfan89

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I understand the sentiment, but I've never cared for it. You can strike gold in the late rounds, or even UDFAs. We did it last year haha

You can, but are very unlikely to. That's why they have little worth. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:
3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You can, but are very unlikely to. That's why they have little worth. 

I'm actually a fan of turning 6ths and late 5th into multiple 6ths and 7ths, basically gather up volume in those rounds. But don't do that at the cost of higher arounds. Because it is unlikely but as SteelKing said,  you can, but if you want to or you want to consistently, you need the volume of picks there.

And it's been a decade, I think, since I did my research, but from what I remember for most positions the hit rate on a player in the 5th vs the 6th vs the 7th wasn't drastically different. So get 4 7th's is better value than a late 5th and no other late round picks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Last Chance Mock Draft:

3 of the next 4 mockers in that draft said they intended to take Beebe, before i swooped in with a trade to get him.

i said, "we are Vikings, we plunder."

• Like 5