Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

11. Minnesota Vikings

Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

In my final mock ahead of the 2023 draft, I projected the Vikings taking a cornerback. Instead, they went with wide receiver Jordan Addison, who had a fantastic rookie season, catching 10 touchdown passes. That need in the secondary still exists. Minnesota ranked 28th in passing yards allowed to receivers last season (3,019), and 2022 second-rounder Andrew Booth Jr. hasn't quite figured things out. Let's go back to Clemson -- Booth's former school -- with the selection of Wiggins here. Wiggins was a lockdown defender in 2023, allowing just 4.2 yards per attempt as the nearest defender in coverage.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39358096/2024-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-first-round-predictions-32-picks-qb-fits

The Draftfather's first mock. 

And in what I've surmised, he has McCarthy going to Seattle at 16 (Penix and Nix both fell out of the 1st) 

Edited by swede700

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Just not a big fan of taking a CB in the 1st round. Especially when it means passing on edge rushers like Latu and Verse.

I'm not a huge fan of it either.  I still think you need to fix the line first before worrying more about the secondary. 

• Like 5

11) Minnesota Vikings: Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

Another Alabama Crimson Tide corner who has a chance to make some noise as a CB1 in the NFL falls to 11. Kool-Aid McKinstry helps a Minnesota Vikings defense needing more support in the secondary since Patrick Peterson left after 2022.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-mock-draft-caleb-williams-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-dominate/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I really don't want a CB in the first round. We have zero high-level talent on the D-Line, and our cupboard is pretty bare at EDGE if Hunter/Wonnum aren't brought back. Our CB room isn't great, but the other levels of the defense are a much, much higher priority.

• Like 3

For the quarterback folks, Mel Kiper's first 2024 NFL Mock Draft has quarterbacks going with all of the top three picks, with the Bears, Commanders, and Patriots taking Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, and Drake Maye, respectively.

He has just one other quarterback going in the first round, with the Seattle Seahawks taking Michigan’s J.J. McCarthy at #16.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/1/23/24047889/mel-kiper-first-mock-draft-2024-offseason-minnesota-vikings-nate-wiggins-clemson?fbclid=IwAR3YMdseNVR_BEPahboV3FLoimUUsVpmgAQl5d6X8F_2GH_vYFo9fhrLyOI

Edited by vike daddy

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I saw a mock that had the Vikings trading to #1 for the 1st and 2nd this year and next year.  That doesn't seem like nearly enough but that'd be cool

yes, i saw that one too, and took Maye with the pick.

no, it's not enough, nor would the Bears do that for a division rival.