Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Common PF9 you are embarrassing yourself.  MLF is not on the hot seat.  He's done one hell of a job with the offense.  Not going anywhere.  Barry as we all know is toast.  Dude remember this is a rebuilding year and here in December we are actually talking playoffs.  Packers could drop the next two games MLF will still be the coach next year.  

Yes, he's done wonders with this offense but if he doesn't replace Barry this offseason his job could be in jeopardy.

17 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

First game all season I'm choosing to do other things than watch. Most of that is because Matt LeCuck refuses to fire Joe the trashcan. 0 backbone, 0 accountability from both of those guys. 

Hope the offense tears it up, on both teams, and that Carolina somehow sneaks out a win, for obvious reasons. 

Welp. Almost got everything I asked for. 

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

He should have not said anything tbh.  Making excuses for your lousy DC isn't a good look for a HC.

Throwing people under the bus when you’re in position of leadership is not a good look. 

Edited by Bcv
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  Need to find an RB in the same mold as Jones.  

During the game I kind of wondered why Jones is good.  By league average, he is: not fast, not big, not particularly great at receiving, and pretty injury prone.  But somehow he makes it all work, and is dynamic.  Is it just a case of him being really good at football?  Or am I possibly underselling some of his attributes and perhaps he is a 7/10 at everything, so there really isn't a trait he is super special at?  

Anyway, I don't mean to poo-poo him at all.  I am super glad he is a Packer.  

11 hours ago, Spartacus said:

RG is literally the only position on offense I think there can be a clear upgrade on. Center maybe but Myers is at least a little below average. RG is a dumpster fire. 

Myers is interesting.  I am not an OL expert.  But from my untrained eye, he looks good, or even really good most of the time, BUT he has a few snaps per game where he is a total liability.  You might as well have me out there.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

During the game I kind of wondered why Jones is good.  By league average, he is: not fast, not big, not particularly great at receiving, and pretty injury prone.  But somehow he makes it all work, and is dynamic.  Is it just a case of him being really good at football?  Or am I possibly underselling some of his attributes and perhaps he is a 7/10 at everything, so there really isn't a trait he is super special at?  

In general, he's got WR speed, great acceleration, and highly proficient vision. I can't verify this, but he also seems quite lucky; he seems to rarely be tackled in ways that would invite true abuse and wear upon his treads.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jones has great short area quickness, and great vision. He can be caught from behind, as we saw yesterday.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They need entirely new direction on the defensive side of the ball.  LaFleur is losing these guys a bit with keeping Barry.  You can't have guys speaking out on social media .. can't have loons like Alexander just deciding to go out for a coin flip.  LaFleur is going to have to take charge of this thing a little more forcefully than he seems to be doing.  It doesn't seem to be the tightest ship in the ocean these days.  I think it's concerning .. wouldn't be surprised if Murphy and Gute aren't at least a little concerned. 

I'm not sure MLF has the stones to do much of anything leadership wise.  Sure, at his after game press conferences he won't throw anybody under the bus.  That being said, his demeanor while doing them shows no fire or attitude.  It's always "I have to look at the film, we have to get it cleaned up, the other team played well or we've got to play better".   It's the end of the season with playoffs in reach .. show some spirit, some fire.  Don't look lost, don't look like you are going to cry .. be bold, be aggressive .. be a head coach.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ras.football/2019/12/18/aaron-jones-ras-13119/%3famp

Jones is pretty dam athletic....9.21 RAS.

Biggest knock against him is his size. Not overly small, but not of the stature to carry a bellcow volume of carries.

As someone else noted, his vision is really good.  Id also add his contact balance/ body control is dam good as well.

Really want those features in next years draft for a RB replacement 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He is quite explosive, has pretty good balance. 

Not generational talent but  special.

Edited by HokieHigh

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

He should have not said anything tbh.  Making excuses for your lousy DC isn't a good look for a HC.

Saw this earlier and moved on....but in reading your post, I knew you couldnt enjoy Christmas unless I went back, found it and let you hear it. Be calm. Barry's gonna be gone.

3:07 min mark

🎄

https://www.packers.com/video/matt-lafleur-1-on-1-our-guys-they-battled-they-found-a-way-to-win

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Equal parts not a good look for Alexander and LaFleur there. I get that he's trying to pump up the defense in his response but just say defer man. Glad the refs were reasonable about his intent.

You've set the precedent that guys get to be captain in their hometown or against teams they used to play for all year Matt. Not a good look at all to not make Jaire a captain for this one. 

Definitely seems like Ja is well loved by the players in the locker room and not so much by the coaches, but ultimately I except Gute to say, tough **** Matt, he's the #1 paid CB in the game so you can pretend you love him until he's gone.