Falcons bench QB Desmond Ridder... again; To start QB Taylor Heinicke

RaidersAreOne

I'll say this i don't think ridder should be benched because he should be our backup going forward.  He isn't a franchise QB but he can win you some games and has good tools.  I would have rather him started the rest of the games to get more experience in him.  Taylor should be gone after this season for cap reasons leaving ridder the backup.  Don't see a reason to swap to Taylor now that the season is pretty much over with it's just dumb.  But par for the course Smith is making a dumb decision so what else is new lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

I'll say this i don't think ridder should be benched because he should be our backup going forward.  He isn't a franchise QB but he can win you some games and has good tools.  I would have rather him started the rest of the games to get more experience in him.  Taylor should be gone after this season for cap reasons leaving ridder the backup.  Don't see a reason to swap to Taylor now that the season is pretty much over with it's just dumb.  But par for the course Smith is making a dumb decision so what else is new lol.

This. Ridder was clearly not ready for the starting role and may never pan out into starter material. But benching him doesn't seem like a great idea. The Falcons should know what they can realistically accomplish right now, and it's not the playoffs or even a "good" season. What was realistic is getting guys who probably won't see the field again for a while the reps they need while taking whatever lumps may happen along the way. 

Just says Smith is about to hit the unemployment line.