QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sutton / Jeudy / Jevonta is a decent trio especially when you have one of the GOAT play callers and offensive minds. Russ held their offense back dude is cooked.

Jeudy has been so lackluster in his career so far they probably going to trade him, and as I said before Jevonta stay hurt. That trio ain't really done anything even before Russ.

My thing is this you can say he's a locker room cancer I have no problem with that. But don't tell me the guy can't play anymore and especially don't tell me that the guy wouldn't of helped us if we had him this year. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

FWIW, Payton is getting exposed without Brees like BB did without Brady. He won't be good this year no matter who he has under center. Wilson wasn't the sole reason the bronco's were bad. Payton and the lack of elite talent anywhere on the field held them back just as much. 

He took over a 5 win team with little talent, a washed QB, and a bad defense and was able to win 8 games in his first year. They could've easily been a 10 win team if a couple balls bounced their way and they didn't punt the end of the season. He's legit 9-9 in his two years without Brees.

Wouldn’t hate signing Wilson to a cheap deal, we gotta sign someone anyway. The thought of going into the draft with O’Connell as the starter is terrifying to me. Still hoping for a trade up 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He took over a 5 win team with little talent, a washed QB, and a bad defense and was able to win 8 games in his first year. They could've easily been a 10 win team if a couple balls bounced their way and they didn't punt the end of the season. He's legit 9-9 in his two years without Brees.

Denver had a top 10 defense overall, and top 3 scoring defense in 2021. In 2022 their defense ranked 2nd in TD drives allowed, 2nd in 3rd down conversions allowed  ....matter of fact they were top 10 in most defensive categories and considered one of the best passing defenses in the league.

This is commonly acknowledged. Don't just say things that aren't true 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

FWIW, Payton is getting exposed without Brees like BB did without Brady. He won't be good this year no matter who he has under center. Wilson wasn't the sole reason the bronco's were bad. Payton and the lack of elite talent anywhere on the field held them back just as much. 

Someone says it. I'm not even convinced he knows how to draft/develop a qb. I'm not worried about them at all. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Thank you.

It's like when the Bryce Young apologists talk about how good Stroud had it last year. 

Like my internet doesn't go back 12 months or something.

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is this you can say he's a locker room cancer I have no problem with that. But don't tell me the guy can't play anymore and especially don't tell me that the guy wouldn't of helped us if we had him this year. 

Here is my line with Wilson:

1. He's 100% a locker room cancer. 

2. He might can play a bit still. 

3. It wouldn't have mattered here. McDaniels wasn't going anywhere but the unemployment line. Wilson would have undoubtedly clashed with AP and fed even more dysfunction into the team. AP did what he did because the DNA of the roster is built to respond to his style. Wilson is a nearly polar opposite and we would have done worse with him at QB. He's not talented enough anymore to mask his deficiencies by cooking, which would have been magnified here, and without that "magic", nobody is putting up with his schtik for long. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Here is my line with Wilson:

1. He's 100% a locker room cancer. 

2. He might can play a bit still. 

3. It wouldn't have mattered here. McDaniels wasn't going anywhere but the unemployment line. Wilson would have undoubtedly clashed with AP and fed even more dysfunction into the team. AP did what he did because the DNA of the roster is built to respond to his style. Wilson is a nearly polar opposite and we would have done worse with him at QB. He's not talented enough anymore to mask his deficiencies by cooking, which would have been magnified here, and without that "magic", nobody is putting up with his schtik for long. 

1. I don't disagree with that at all but context is important. First, we're not trading for him and we're not giving him a big deal that gives him less power than he's had in the past. I would imagine we're also still drafting a quarterback meaning that he knows his time is limited. Realistically he's got one more chance to wear if he gets cut again no one else is gonna touch him. It's just a reality. Getting him would be in the context of strictly the guy isn't taking much money and he can help us win now while we develop somebody else. If he comes in and behaves and still can play then we will have stole a quarterback practically for free for the next few years. Then in my opinion it makes sense to drive someone like McCarthy because he doesn't play right away and him being 20 years old actually helps. I wouldn't mind Penix either(or even rattler with the 3rd or 4th). 

2. The guy threw for 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 15 games. There's reason to believe that he could've thrown for 30 touchdowns if he wasn't benched(which is strictly because he wouldn't waive his medical guarantees)

3. I don't know how true that is. If there's anything the AP has going for him it's the fact that he's great at building relationships with players and working with them(being a winner himself as a player & the guy is a leader of men. I don't think Russell would've clashed with him based on that alone and the fact that there was buying from other stores on the team like Davante Adams josh jacobs and Max Crosby. We were running games with the fourth round rookie who threw for 12 TDs & 7INTs. Any quarterback that was able to throw for 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions would've helped us. 

Russell will be an option cause he will sign for 1.5 million and majority of teams can easily take advantage of that. Rather rock with AOC cause I don’t think his fake personality is a locker room fit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

Denver had a top 10 defense overall, and top 3 scoring defense in 2021. In 2022 their defense ranked 2nd in TD drives allowed, 2nd in 3rd down conversions allowed  ....matter of fact they were top 10 in most defensive categories and considered one of the best passing defenses in the league.

Again context is important, the raw stats from 2022 look okay being 7th in yards / 14th in points allowed. Their defense started off 2022 strong but absolutely fell off of a cliff down the stretch.

Over the first 8 weeks: 288 ypg / 16.5 ppg

Over the last 9 weeks: 348 ypg / 25.2 ppg 

They were 35-63 in the 6 seasons before Payton took over, with 0 winning seasons, and didn't win more than 7 games in any given year. Now you can make your argument about how great of a team he took over but in my eyes they were trash.

3 hours ago, massraider said:

Thank you.

It's like when the Bryce Young apologists talk about how good Stroud had it last year. 

Like my internet doesn't go back 12 months or something.

Yes the 35 wins over the 6 years before Payton took over point to a dominant team for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He averaged 200 yards per game (20th) / 6.9 YPA (21st)

They were super limited with their play calling because they had to dink and dunk. 

He ranked 25th in intended air yards per attempt and 29th in completed air yards per attempt. He was literally a check down merchant last year. 

bUt ThE TD's

Sean Payton's offense got 29 passing TD out of Winston, Simeien, and Taysom his final year in New Orleans. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1