Derek Carr. What's happened?

Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

But wait, I thought Brady's dominance allowed his defense get a lot of takeaways?

I said both.  

Not even Patriots fans thought the Patriots were the #1 defense last year.  And this year the Patriots have allowed the fewest points since week 5 - yet there isn't anyone in the world (besides you apparently) that thinks the Patriots have a great defense.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I said both.  

Not even Patriots fans thought the Patriots were the #1 defense last year.  And this year the Patriots have allowed the fewest points since week 5 - yet there isn't anyone in the world (besides you apparently) that thinks the Patriots have a great defense.

Not being the number 1 defense and being a bad defense are two different things.

5 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I said both.  

I do. Especially last year in only allowing 250 total points on the season. Many Patriots fans are unaware of the genius defensive schematic advantages that NE introduced last year b/c most are bandwagon fans,  Brady nob slobberers, or both.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Not being the number 1 defense and being a bad defense are two different things.

I was never arguing that they didn't have okay or even good defenses.

The point was made that Brady was placed in ideal situations that helped him win.  Which is obviously not the case.  He made his teammates and defense look better.

Ideal conditions is 2013 Broncos for Peyton.    Brady has never had a situation like that.  Not even in 2007.  

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

I was never arguing that they didn't have okay or even good defenses.

The point was made that Brady was placed in ideal situations that helped him win.  Which is obviously not the case.  He made his teammates and defense look better.

Ideal conditions is 2013 Broncos for Peyton.    Brady has never had a situation like that.  Not even in 2007.  

And I made the point that having top ten scoring defenses and/or defenses that get 30+ takeaways more than make up for being bad in other areas.  And I give far more credit to NE coaching staff for that than Brady.  

And it is an ideal situation, as the majority of teams don't have such a competent coaching staff.  That doesn't mean Brady isn't great, he clearly is, but he was also fortunate to be surrounded by competence form day one.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulMalandNFL/status/948946535299108866

that stat is just brutal. 

And 2 of those are against Osweiller? 

Last time I checked, QBWinz are a team stat?

Then again, you may be the least reliable poster for anything Raiders on this entire forum... 

You're not even succeeding in trolling.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Last time I checked, QBWinz are a team stat?

Then again, you may be the least reliable poster for anything Raiders on this entire forum... 

You're not even succeeding in trolling.

Jesus Christ, How is this even  trolling? Posted a stat that's factual.

32 TD's to 22 INT's against great competition.. He obviously struggles against great teams.

But i'm trolling yeah ok. 

On 12/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, Darth Pees said:

Flash in the pan season, kind of like Nick Foles had the one year, where lots of things bounced his way and made him look better than he was. I'm not saying Derek Carr is anywhere near as bad as Nick Foles is, but he's not a top 5, or maybe even top 10 QB from what he's shown this year.

i agree

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

Jesus Christ, How is this even  trolling? Posted a stat that's factual.

32 TD's to 22 INT's against great competition.. He obviously struggles against great teams.

But i'm trolling yeah ok. 

It's a valid stat but I wouldn't include his rookie year. That team was trash and started 0-10

On 1/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, Jlowe22 said:

And I made the point that having top ten scoring defenses and/or defenses that get 30+ takeaways more than make up for being bad in other areas.  And I give far more credit to NE coaching staff for that than Brady.  

And it is an ideal situation, as the majority of teams don't have such a competent coaching staff.  That doesn't mean Brady isn't great, he clearly is, but he was also fortunate to be surrounded by competence form day one.

There is no doubt that BB is one of the greatest defensive minds that has ever coached in the NFL, he gets more out of less than any coach I have seen in my last 65 years of following the game and I am not a NE fan. Does it help Brady win games, of course it does, but that does not take anything away from how great Brady is, he still has to put more points on the board than his opponent scores, no matter how good his defense is???

NE is the greatest dynasty ever because it combined BB's defensive mind with the talent of the greatest QB to ever play the game, that's a hard combination to compete with!!! It will end when both retire, probably the same year!!!

Archived