Derek Carr. What's happened?

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

The only thing he really has played for is competing against Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater. He had a big enough lead on Bortles that it wasn't worth trying for and Manziel is out of the league and Bridgewater was injured. If Bridgewater starts next year Carr will step up, or if Bortles continues to play well. Maybe even Jimmy Garoppolo can make him step up his game.

282765.jpg?b64lines=TGlzYSwgSSB3YW50IHRv

Just now, Rogerthat said:

If you believe Brent Grime's wife the raiders player quit on Carr because he didn't want to take a knee instead of his normal pregame ritual of praying during the anthem. 

Yeah, that sounds like bs to me.

Although if there's any truth to it I'd put the blame squarely on the coaching staff.

6 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

If you believe Brent Grime's wife the raiders player quit on Carr because he didn't want to take a knee instead of his normal pregame ritual of praying during the anthem. 

F Brent Grime's stupid wife. If you believe that, you'll believe anything 

17 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Never listen to/read anything from Bent Grimes wife. I'm sry for poor Grimes.

I really enjoyed reading a stupid old thread on the old board, where Carr was excempt from various criticism and stats. 

As with any other QB not named Tom Brady and a few others, Carr also needs talent all around him to succeed, which means he is right there with Dalton, Tannehill, Winston, Mariotta, Cutler, Alex Smith, Bradford, Cousins etc.

9 minutes ago, Danand said:

I really enjoyed reading a stupid old thread on the old board, where Carr was excempt from various criticism and stats. 

As with any other QB not named Tom Brady and a few others, Carr also needs talent all around him to succeed, which means he is right there with Dalton, Tannehill, Winston, Mariotta, Cutler, Alex Smith, Bradford, Cousins etc.

Thing is though, he has talent around him. Sure its not the Steelers level of talent but he still has guys who can make plays unlike say the Niners. 

I honestly don't really know what the problem is with him exactly. He certainly gives up on plays really early but he's also playing out of 5 wide more than any other offense in the NFL. After watching the raiders all season I, some a hole on a couch, can call out what's going to happen and where Carr is going to go. If I can do that then you can be dang sure that defenses know what the Raiders are going to do. Really the Patriots do much of the same except they are much better coached and every WR "does their job" so Brady can drop the ball right where it needs to go. The Raiders try to do this and most of the time the pass is dropped, because their WRs aren't as sure handed or as good at running their routes and Carr isn't as accurate. The biggest problem I see is the offensive coaching staff doesn't recognize their deficiencies, case in point, it's week 17 and they still run 5 wide much more often on passing plays.

Now could Carr still be injured? Mayhaps but he was supposed to be fully healed weeks ago, he doesn't play with a flack jacket anymore like he did earlier in the season so I think his back is fine. His leg might still be a problem which could explain the poor footwork and mechanics. Not saying it hurts him but he might not be able to move on it as well as he does.

In the end the Raiders just need to evaluate and start over. Their strength is their offense so they need to build around it.

30 minutes ago, Danand said:

I wouldn't put Carr with those guys. In the Stafford, Luck, Newton tier. Just having a bad year. Worst offensive coordinator in football, we need to cut our LT Penn, and wipe the whole coaching staff clean this off season. 

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn't put Carr with those guys. In the Stafford, Luck, Newton tier. Just having a bad year. Worst offensive coordinator in football, we need to cut our LT Penn, and wipe the whole coaching staff clean this off season. 

The exact same stuff could be said about Dalton. They really haven't been doing him any favors regarding the OC and their oline, they just led the wrong guys go. When he performed his best, they could have done their best to keep the talent around him, and they didn't manage to. We could say that Dalton is also just having a bad year.

Archived