Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Now I'm watching a video with Chris Simms and Mike Florio talking about how the Vikings are dysfunctional for letting Kirk go 🤦‍♂️

It's ridiculous speculation where Florio wants to recreate that schism atmosphere of Childress' tenure when there's little to no evidence of it.  It's his attorney background on trying to create a ridiculous notion passing it off as evidence of reasonable doubt.  

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

It's ridiculous speculation where Florio wants to recreate that schism atmosphere of Childress' tenure when there's little to no evidence of it.  It's his attorney background on trying to create a ridiculous notion passing it off as evidence of reasonable doubt.  

Or...he could just be a muck raking idiot!

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Idk why but that video really ground  my gears

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Now I'm watching a video with Chris Simms and Mike Florio talking about how the Vikings are dysfunctional for letting Kirk go 🤦‍♂️

It is not dysfunctional, if anything it might be too functional and too nice considering the results the team gets.

But Kirk Cousins is going to really miss the offensive minds in Minnesota and Kevin O'Connell.  Sure Zach Robinson is from the McVay tree similar to O'Connell, but I doubt he is the communicator O'Connell is or the type of offensive mind.  Now Vikings adding McCown as QB coach, Kirk will miss that, not sure Atlanta even has a QB coach at the moment.

But of course Kirk liked his time here, the Minnesota Vikings paid the guy millions and millions of dollars and now Atlanta will do the same regardless of results or not.  Will be curious what he looks like behind that OL, their interior is solid especially at the OG spots, the OTs decent but not great and center could be an issue.  And at RB, honestly I bet Kirk would have loved playing with Aaron Jones, Bijan is very good though so we will see.  Atlanta still has some massive holes in their front seven defensively and paying Kirk all that money not sure they will be able to fill them unless they have an amazing draft.  

I still say the Buccaneers have a better team possibly, they have more star talent and Baker Mayfield is arguably just as good as Kirk as much younger, and they have far better WRs offensively.  

so if Cousins plays for ATL for two years, he makes $100 million, right? 50 mil a year.

is it correct if he plays for three years he makes $145 million?  48.33 mil a year?

and we were hoping for a home town discount around 35-38 mil a year? HA!

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and we were hoping for a home town discount around 35-38 mil a year? HA!

It became very clear, especially with the significant increase in the salary cap, that those figures were a pipe dream. 

However, I do still believe the reports that Cousins would have taken less than $45M per year had the Vikings offered a multi-year deal. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Geez they are idiots. I hate spewing insults, but when you deserve it, you get the label. 

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Do we get the falcons 1st rounder since Kirk admitted to tampering? 

Wouldn’t that be hilarious. 

But, based on precedent, if the league ruled that tampering took place the Vikings would likely be awarded a day 3 pick. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wouldn’t that be hilarious. 

But, based on precedent, if the league ruled that tampering took place the Vikings would likely be awarded a day 3 pick. 

Won't stop me from dreaming. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I dont recall teams getting a pick from the tampering team, just the tampering team may forfeit a pick (skip pick).

right, me too. it's a penalty imposed by the NFL on the tamperor, not a benefit to the tamperee. lol