Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

The Eagles have not been punished for potential tampering with running back Saquon Barkley.

The NFL issued the following statement on Thursday morning: “After a thorough review of the Philadelphia Eagles signing of Saquon Barkley, the NFL today informed the club that the investigation did not discover sufficient evidence to support a finding that the Anti-Tampering Policy was violated. In coming to this conclusion, the league reviewed phone logs, text messages and other documents related to Philadelphia’s free agency strategy and decision to sign Barkley. The NFL also interviewed several members of the organization, including Howie Roseman and Nick Sirianni, as well as Barkley and Penn State head coach James Franklin. As with every review, should new evidence be uncovered, the league may reopen the investigation.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-did-not-discover-sufficient-evidence-to-find-the-eagles-tampered-with-saquon-barkley

56 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What are final thoughts on Cousins era? 

Be remembered fondly? 

Meh? 

Mistake to get him or to keep him so long?  Should have kept him longer?

Good QB who truly only wants to play the game for $ and doesn't care about wins or losses.

Glad to be moving on to a new era of Vikings Football

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

• great teammate that other players and coaches respected
  • very dedicated to his role on the team and staying healthy, available, and drama free
  • improved most every year we had him
  • disappointing at times with his big game limitations
  • a cunning NFL businessman who maximized his financial ability to care for his family for generations
  • reached his ceiling with us and his salary became a detriment, yet we still made him an offer to stay
Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Be remembered fondly? 

Meh? 

Mistake to get him or to keep him so long?  Should have kept him longer?

It looks like he's bulking up to be a Fullback. No way are we paying him QB money for that!! 😂

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Terrible take. 

Why? Cousin's has been driven by dollars throughout his career.  I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with that, but it seems fair to theorize that $$ is more important to Cousins than wins and losses. From what I have seen, it looks to me like money is the main driving factor in Kirk's contract discussions.

I am sure he wants to win, but I don't know that he wants to win more than he wants the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Why? Cousin's has been driven by dollars throughout his career.  I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with that, but it seems fair to theorize that $$ is more important to Cousins than wins and losses. From what I have seen, it looks to me like money is the main driving factor in Kirk's contract discussions.

I am sure he wants to win, but I don't know that he wants to win more than he wants the money.

Then Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady must be the only QBs in the NFL who care about winning. Name another QB that took less than market rate. 

I hope McCarthy wins a Super Bowl on his rookie deal. Otherwise, he’ll face the same BS “he should take less” stuff that no one else would take themselves. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Then Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady must be the only QBs in the NFL who care about winning. Name another QB that took less than market rate. 

Even Mahomes hasn’t taken a below market rate deal. He reset the market with his contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

...it seems fair to theorize that $$ is more important to Cousins than wins and losses. From what I have seen, it looks to me like money is the main driving factor in Kirk's contract discussions.

the post in discussion though stated dollars were Cousins' "only" motivation, and he "didn't care" about wins and losses.

i think that's a too severe take. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

From what I have seen, it looks to me like money is the main driving factor in Kirk's contract discussions.

So, Kirk is no different than 99% of the other players? 

I’d love to see a list of players who are signing contracts where money isn’t the driving factor. 

• Like 1

My thoughts on the Cousins era is very similar to my thoughts with Zimmer and Spielman. I am happy to have had them when we did. I think being a Vikings fan for both of them had their ups and downs, but overall, has been a pretty solid experience. Could it have been better? Sure, we still don't have a Superbowl win lol, but I've come to the conclusion to just enjoy football. I'm not the oldest Vikings fan for sure, but I already know that putting too much focus on winning it all will just burn me out lol. 2017 was fun, Minneapolis Miracle is an amazing memory, the comeback against the Colts and that whole season was an insanely funny season. They are good memories and why I watch the sport. So I'm happy with what they brought to the team.

With that said, I'm perfectly okay with moving on seeing what's next for the future. It helps that we are already sort of entering a new "era". These next four years with say a lot. It can be incredible with us finding a QB of the future, orrrr it can be just as disappointing as others lol, but I'm sure there will be good and bad times along the way.

• Like 4