Post X-Mas Mock (Wk 16)

IrishHooligan00

On 12/26/2023 at 9:59 PM, LinderFournette said:

Id go 

Cooper Dejean

With who we have under contract I don't see Taylor starting as a rookie(RRH, Hamilton and Fatukasi all have big money deals. 

Dejean should go earlier and could easily take over our Slot CB spot at the least but could go outside if Williams is cut and could go SS if Jenkins is cut. 

Cooper Beebe for the jags.

Van pran is fine but I like Beebe as a G/T while van pran is a c/g

I would love all three (DeJean, Beebe, Van Pran) for the Packers. I feel it is unlikely DeJean would be there for the Packers pick (which is 19 at the moment), but with two picks in round two, Beebe (guard) and Van Pran (center) are doable with some luck. If the Packers cannot get DeJean, then switch out Beebe for S Tyler Nubin, early in the 2nd. The Packers must get a starter quality Safety and it is a poor year for them. S, RB, C, ILB, CB in something like that order would fill some important holes and they could all be picks in rounds 1-3  (Packers have 1x 1st, 2x 2nd and 2x 3rd rounders).

The Packers need for an OT is less now, because Rasheed Walker has looked increasingly good at LT as this season has progressed. There is an argument as to which of he and Zach Tom should play which side, but they are both starter quality. If Bakhtiari stays one more year with the Packers they have no need for a tackle outside of a late pick developmental guy, but I think he is gone after this year. Despite what I have said, I DO like Guyton as an OT prospect.

The Packers have absolutely no need for a WR 2,3,4,5,6, they are loaded there. However, there might be an opening if they get what they think is a no.1 guy and Xavier Legette might be that guy.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

For MIN - absolutely god awful. 

We take a QB in round one? We have four (including Cousins who will be resigned). We need WR Rome Odunze WASH... who went one freaking pick later.

And in the second, an OT? HOw will they play with Darrisaw and O'Neill being arguably the league's best bookends? I'm not much of a believer of college OT's being projected inside as more often than not they just don't have the strength or leverage. And to throw salt in the wound, the guy who we should have taken goes two picks later: WR Ja’Lynn Polk WASH. Gaw, if we just made those two selections instead of yours, that'd be great.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 11:32 PM, Duluther said:

For MIN - absolutely god awful. 

We take a QB in round one? We have four (including Cousins who will be resigned). We need WR Rome Odunze WASH... who went one freaking pick later.

And in the second, an OT? HOw will they play with Darrisaw and O'Neill being arguably the league's best bookends? I'm not much of a believer of college OT's being projected inside as more often than not they just don't have the strength or leverage. And to throw salt in the wound, the guy who we should have taken goes two picks later: WR Ja’Lynn Polk WASH. Gaw, if we just made those two selections instead of yours, that'd be great.

We really don't even need Odunze unless we are trading away Jefferson, which won't happen.

Bo Nix is a terrible pick and Minnesota has no need for a OT.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

We really don't even need Odunze unless we are trading away Jefferson, which won't happen.

Bo Nix is a terrible pick and Minnesota has no need for a OT.

1. Justin Jefferson // extended

2. Jordan Addison

3. Rome Odunze

4. Ja'Lynn Polk

5. KJ Osborn // resigned

6. Adam Thielen // Cut by NC; FA signing

You can say in anger that this isn't good team building, but the truth hurts when you choose to live a lie. 

• Like 1

I love the first round for the Lions.  If Cooper is there, I will gladly take him but I doubt he drops that far. 

In the second round I dont mind the position but not a fan at all of Smith, especially for our D.  He doesn't rush the passer at all and if we go for a DT there I would prefer Byron Murphy, Brandon Dorlus, or Darius Robinson.  Even his teammate Wingo would be a better pick or Braden Fiske but wouldn't want to draft him in the second.  Murphy would be the easy choice there though for DT's available in your mock. 

I stopped at the Pats pick. Had to run to the bathroom before I threw up on my self.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

***Trade NE trades 2024 1st / 2024 2nd / 2025 2nd

2nd – NE – QB Drake Maye UNC

Reason this is horrible.

1. Maye is a Bucky Brooks special.  He will end up like Mac, broken.

2. That Pat will be right back to the top of the draft  

3.They have 50 holes on the roster.

4. The OL is horrible with a OG playing OT, who's a FA. He's the only one on the roster that can play OT. T Brown gone after 2023 season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 12:15 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

2 Round - After X-Mas Mock (Trades only in Round 1 didn't have time to trade around in round 2)

Round 1 -

***Trade NYG Trade 2024 1st / 2024 2nd / 2024 2nd / 2025 1st / 2026 1st

^^^^^^^^ 

giphy.gif

5th – CHI – OT Joe Alt ND

Alt to LT, Jones to RG or C, I'm definitely down for that. 

8th – CHI – DL Dallas Turner BAMA

I'd prefer Nabers here as Fields needs to have someone to work with Moore and Kmet. Nabers would be a damn nice safety blanket and could churn out YAC, which Fields needs. Also if the Bears are going QB next year (as I doubt Fields does well enough to warrant an extension) then some of those picks above are going to be used to move up for one. I'd like the new QB to already have some tools in place for him. 

That being said, I really do like Turner, and the idea of Turner, Sweat and Dexter being the main three rushers with Billings as the NT getting subbed for Pickens sounds damn nice. 

39th – CHI – WR Xavier Worthy TEX

Worthy is a good back up plan for Nabers, I think he spends more time at slot than Z with CHI. Hopefully that speed gets him some big chunk plays before and after the catch. 

52nd – CHI – DL Kris Jenkins MICH

A little too high for a primary run stuffer IMO. This is where SVP or Beebe (which would dictate where Jones got kicked inside to as well), or Sawyer (if getting Nabers instead of Turner) would have made a lot of sense. 

Let the Ole Bashing Begin!!! Some Picks I made i made because other pressing needs for certain Teams will be addressed in FA. 

For the Bears I like it, but to be fair you pretty much had me at the trade. lol 

On 1/2/2024 at 5:11 PM, Daniel said:

If the Titans did this, Ran Carthon would get fired before they got to Day 3.

the swing in emotions of watching them get a huge haul in a trade back and follow it up with two absolute nonsense draft picks would sure be something.