Right and Wrong

Blackstar12

What things were you right about this NFL season and what things were you wrong about? It could be about players and teams.

Right: I had the Lions winning the division though you can see it coming with the rest of the division.

Wrong: I thought the Jags would easily win the division and be a top 3 seed.

Biggest one is that I was right about was the the Rams. Specifically that our defense wouldnt be that much worse than last year despite the names to got rid of.

Probably the most embarrassing thing I was wrong about was the Bears...I thought they would be a surprise breakout team and win that division

Wrong:

The Texans/Raiders/Rams/Broncos/Colts not being terrible.

Belichick would somehow manage to take that bum squad to 7-9 wins.

Lamar Jackson would become a burden to the Ravens with his contract.

Right:

The Browns being excellent defensively once dushbag Joe Woods was fired into the sun.

Baker being good.

Tyreek Hill made KC elite.

Fields isn’t a franchise QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

John Dorsey has now been a part of 3 drafts and the Lions have clenched the division for the first time in 30 years and have a shot at the #1 seed with two games to go.

“Clenched” makes me immediately think of “sphincter.” I believe the word is “clinched,” which is something a sphincter cannot do but an NFL playoff team can do. 

Right.. Brock Purdy. There was a ton of skepticism coming into this season, understandable given his draft stock, but what we saw last year was real. There is a world of difference between him and Jimbo.

I knew this would happen with Bijan, they're plan from the get go was to NOT use him as a workhorse type back. From a fantasy perspective, I said he wouldn't sniff the top 5 RBs and he's currently RB12

Wasn't a Bryce Young believer, but he has no help around him so can't really take a victory lap there yet

Patriots.. what a mess

WRONG

I thought the Rams would be absolutely awful, one of the worst teams in the league.. I was wayyy off.

I expected Kansas City to be perfectly fine offensively, but Kelce hasn't quite been himself & Juju was actually a nice piece that they couldn't replicate with skyy Moore or whatever other trash they've thrown out at WR

Jordan Love.. I still don't believe but he's played pretty well recently so I'll put him in this category 

B-b-b-Baker and the Bucs... this situation reminded me of Trubisky in Pitt the year before.. figured Baked wouldnt make it 6 weeks before they threw Trask out there

Edited by adamq

Right:
- Everyone thought the Chargers would be a contender, which I didn’t because Staley was clearly a terrible HC who would hold the roster back; a roster which was ageing and overrated anyway.
- This forum pretty much unanimously had the Raiders 4th in the division and many had them as one of the worst teams in the league. This is a common theme with the Raiders, despite them only finishing last in the division once in the previous 8 seasons (soon to be 1/9). I thought we had enough talent for this to be the case again, and so things have played out (thankfully with the removal of McDaniels en route).
- I thought Ridder was terrible and would hold the Falcons back. He has, although Arthur Smith definitely shares plenty of blame there.

Wrong:
- I thought the Lions were a flash in the pan last season; a team who were rode a hot streak to the end of the season but who would fall back to earth this year after Campbell’s “rah rah” style wore off. Very wrong.
- I under-valued Sean McVay’s true ability as a HC. I bought into the thoughts about the defense being “Donald and a bunch of randoms” and I thought that team was a bottom feeder, but they’ve been surprisingly good and fun to watch.
- The Texans and CJ Stroud are miles better than I projected them to be. Ryans & Stroud have done a great job.

I still think Fields is a franchise QB. He’s made some throws that make you say wow. He has some of the best running vision in the history of the NFL. I’ll even say he’s a better running QB than Vick, Cam and Lamar. He has the numbers to prove it and has a better arm/accuracy than all of them.. He in Kyle’s or Mcvays offense will thrive into something special. But maybe I’m wrong 😂 the kid has tremendous upside. On that bears Viking game to end it! He made a laser rope throw that maybe me scream to the heavens. 

I still feel like I’m right about Det. They lack so much experience that they can get the boot in round one. They are 1-2 drafts away from being the cream of the crop though! Even with Goff as their signal caller. They have phenomenal pierces in place… 

Eagles/Cowboys are as as. Always right about that.. 

God I hate Kyle with a passion. But you simply can’t hate that man! Gotta respect him. Even with a crazy staff turn around he has them boys ready. Thought this year they’ll be 6-11.. Simply by injuries. Usually by week 7-9 they have 22 guys in the ir… 

Thought Ridder was going to be electric in that offense with all those weapons.. But Arthur Smith is just very bad..

Antonio Pierce story seems so fitting. It’s almost nice. But the football savant in me says he won’t make a good HC in the long run. It’s the Vrabel effect. Too much Rara and not enough Xos. But man what Tn did a few years ago was pretty nuts.. I just don’t think he’s a long term solution. Even though he’s superior to what they’ve had. You’ll be essentially paying the piper down the road and you’ve wasted 4 years of player development.. But the Yolo football in me wishes him all the best.. Compton kid from LA and beat the pats. 

• Like 1