Week #17 GeneralšŸˆ Discussion

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Defensively they have 4-5 top 5 players in their position. Youā€™re crazy Chico you crazy mang.Ā 

Watt, Highsmith, and Minkah (who is out injured). Who else? Joey porter Jr?

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Watt, Highsmith, and Minkah (who is out injured). Who else? Joey porter Jr?

Yes brother. Thatā€™s 3

more than any other team I can think of. Maybe not Joey yet but heā€™s on his way. Heā€™s a stud.Ā 

1 hour ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Winning 9 games and getting crushed in the Wild Card isn't "winning year in and year out."Ā 

Give McVay this offense, Pickett would look like a Pro Bowler, Pickens would have a record breaking season

Didnā€™t Mcvay consider leaving the team to go be on TV after mortgaging his teams future draft picks to build a super team?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I sure wish Dallas had parted ways with Jason Garrett sooner than what they did....have to imagine Tennessee feels the same way about Jeff Fisher.

I mean, compare Jason Garret from 2011 (first full year as HC) to 2015, to Tomlinā€™s first 5 years.

Jeff fisher didnā€™t have a great first 5 full years either but he atleast took his team to the SB in year 5.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Imagine GB@ Dallas and LAR@Det rd 1. Potentially Miami@KC as well. That has a divisional round feel to whatā€™s been a watered down ā€œsuperā€ WC weekend.

I would LOVE this matchup for Dallas. Ā The history, the revenge for ā€œhe caught itā€ and the fact that the Packers D is highly suspect and our D matches up really well against them and Love.

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Yes brother. Thatā€™s 3

more than any other team I can think of. Maybe not Joey yet but heā€™s on his way. Heā€™s a stud.Ā 

I mean fair but all teams have to do is hold our pass rushers and throw against one of our dog**** secondary players every time.

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

It's actually a fair question and I've been a Tomlin white knight for years.

The answer, imo, is - when you feel like HE'S the problem.Ā 

I'd liken it perhaps to Philip Rivers. I personally believe that in some alternate universes, he's a champion. I don't think Rivers was the problem in SD, at least to where it was theoretically impossible to win with him, just because he didn't. I think Tomlin is capable of winning (he has) and he has a high floor, but he does need help on offense and it has been stale for a while in PIT.Ā 

I think the best course would be to trade him for a high pick, if possible, which saves everyone face and allows the franchise to move on. But idk, it was easier to argue against you at 10 years than 17.

This is a reasonable take and to be fair, there could very well become a point where I look back on Tomlinā€™s record and think ā€œyeah we should have tried to move on from Tomlin after 2018ā€.

But until we are in a position where, like you said, Tomlin is the reason we arenā€™t winning, AND there is a good alternative, I say let it ride.

Most NFL teams are less successful than we are and on top of that we have some non championship history to chase. We are now 1 season from tying the Landry Cowboys for most winnings seasons in a row, and there is something to be said for our historic and winning coaching stability. Weā€™re going to end up with 3 Super Bowl winning HOF coaches in 54 years. There are some other teams with 15-20 coaches during that time and none of them are worth anything.

Trading Tomlin and getting a new coach could potentially set us up for a better future but it would definitely tarnish that history.

2 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

"Oh he said opinions I don't like, he must be a troll!"Ā 

Cry baby.

Lmfao kid you literally said that John Harbaugh, Pete Carrol, Sean Payton, and Mike Tomlin should all be fired.

Thatā€™s a clown opinion and there isnā€™t a single other person on this forum that would respect it.

There arenā€™t even 32 good NFL head coaches and you want to fire a handful of the best in the league because anyone who isnā€™t consistently winning playoff games and super bowls is bad.

Well guess what dude, thereā€™s only 1 head coach in the league who has done that for more than a couple seasons recently.

Your idea of a successful coach doesnā€™t fit inside reality. Only 6-8 head coaches can even win a playoff game per year and 1 wins a SB.

if you arenā€™t honestly trolling then I pity you.