2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Tannehill doesn’t immediately spring to mind as a mentor type to me, wasn’t he pretty well known for being far from the sharpest tool in the toolbox? 

Exactly. Thinking he can mentor players because he's an old vet is some misguided thinking. Minshew on the other hand was touted for mentoring Hurts and Richardson. He understands the assignment. 

• Like 4

On 5/21/2024 at 7:55 PM, FloydFan said:

Tannehill famously caused waves by saying he didn’t want to mentor Willis. He’s also absolute cheeks at this point. Embarrassing to even suggest putting him on a 53. 

On 5/20/2024 at 12:32 PM, big_palooka said:

Exactly. Thinking he can mentor players because he's an old vet is some misguided thinking. Minshew on the other hand was touted for mentoring Hurts and Richardson. He understands the assignment. 

The Titans were his team for a decade. Of course he wasn't going help a guy take his job. Did Joe Flacco mentor Lamar Jackson. Flacco moved on to a new team and changed his attitude because it wasn't his team. 

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

The Titans were his team for a decade. Of course he wasn't going help a guy take his job. Did Joe Flacco mentor Lamar Jackson. Flacco moved on to a new team and changed his attitude because it wasn't his team. 

Do you even know who Ryan Tannehill is? 

Tannehill was the Titans starter for 3 years. He was benched in '22 for Malik Willis. Benched for Levis in '23. 

Hardly the Titans franchise guy. He had a 2 good years (on the backs of prime Derrick Henry) in an otherwise lackluster career. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Do you even know who Ryan Tannehill is? 

Tannehill was the Titans starter for 3 years. He was benched in '22 for Malik Willis. Benched for Levis in '23. 

Hardly the Titans franchise guy. He had a 2 good years (on the backs of prime Derrick Henry) in an otherwise lackluster career. 

you are acting like I want him as a savior... I would invite him on a cheap camp invite contract if his attitude was right. He has a lot of experience, and that would be useful to a QB that lacks experience. He could grasp the system and surprise people like Joe Flacco last year. Not to be a hater, but I think we have the least talented QB unit in the league. We have over 30 million in cap space, wouldn't be the worse idea to give it a shot.

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

you are acting like I want him as a savior... I would invite him on a cheap camp invite contract if his attitude was right. He has a lot of experience, and that would be useful to a QB that lacks experience. He could grasp the system and surprise people like Joe Flacco last year. Not to be a hater, but I think we have the least talented QB unit in the league. We have over 30 million in cap space, wouldn't be the worse idea to give it a shot.

Just say the real reason you want him.... you want him because you think he can do what Flacco did. This, despite he never had the career Flacco had. 

The "experience, mentor, grasp the system" part is meaningless as they have that QB already.

I agree, it's the least talented QB room in the league. But they have the vet (Minshew) and the developmental prospect (AOC). Adding Tannehill does nothing of value. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Adding Tannehill does nothing of value. 

Prime Tannehill, was he really that much better than Minshew? I mean, he had that one really good year, but he was otherwise just kind of "there" and propped up by teammates. I seem to remember some Dolphins fans clamoring to bench him for Matt Moore more than a few times. 

I think prime Tannehill was better than Minshew, but not by a whole lot and certainly not now. 

Adding Tannehill would just be adding a body to the room. We'd honestly be better off signing someone from the UFXL or whatever the heck it is now and rolling the dice on a pleasant surprise. Tannehill would be like rostering Hoyer again, knowing that you'll do anything to keep him off the field regardless of what happens. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You do want him as a savior that's why you can't let it go. He's not better than anybody we have now, it's pointless. If AOC and Minshew crash and burn then the season is over regardless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I really think Adoree Jackson could have a big bounce back year behind our DLIne. I would be so hyped for this signing 

Yeah I’d be totally down for this signing.  Not sure why he’s still available, as he’s only 28. 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I really think Adoree Jackson could have a big bounce back year behind our DLIne. I would be so hyped for this signing 

While Jackson makes sense. What is it with you thinking every player on the street right now is poised for a bounce back year? 

• Like 1