2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm still a little bummed we didn't give up a 5th/6th for Fields, though him and Getsy wouldn't mesh at all. I'm still not entirely sold on Getsy, but I'll hope it was the Bear's dysfunction and not him.

His value is low because teams know they would have to run a watered down playbook when he is on the field.  No HC/OC wants to have to have separate playbooks which is exactly what we would have to do if we had AOC and Fields.  Hard pass on Fields as he is a bum when it comes to the mental aspect of playing QB, processing and throwing the ball.  But he sure can run but so could T. Pryor lol 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:55 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm still a little bummed we didn't give up a 5th/6th for Fields, though him and Getsy wouldn't mesh at all. I'm still not entirely sold on Getsy, but I'll hope it was the Bear's dysfunction and not him.

I'd give a 6th for him if he agreed to convert to WR or RB and promise never to play QB again. 

He has at least 6th round talent as an athletic weapon. In fact. that aspect of his game is arguably still day 1, early day 2. 

He legitimately has no value as a QB. Arguably, he has negative value if the coachability or ego rumors are true. 

9 hours ago, Dessie said:

Scrap Xavian Howard of possible pickups list, those charges probably mean he’s untouchable for us. 

wasn't he washed anyway? He kinda reminds me of Marcus Peters. I would much rather have Stephen Nelson or Adoree Jackson 

On 6/8/2024 at 10:17 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I'd give a 6th for him if he agreed to convert to WR or RB and promise never to play QB again. 

He has at least 6th round talent as an athletic weapon. In fact. that aspect of his game is arguably still day 1, early day 2. 

He legitimately has no value as a QB. Arguably, he has negative value if the coachability or ego rumors are true. 

I'm very interest to see how Sam Darnold, Jameis, Fields all pan out this year. 

Posted (edited)

https://www.nfl.com/news/veteran-cb-steven-nelson-to-retire-after-nine-seasons

Sucks Steven Nelson is retiring, I though he could nice CB option. Here's my updated list of free agents of interest 

RB: Cam Akers- I wonder where his rehab is at? He's an interesting flier 

WR: Jamal Agnew- I like his special teams ability. Speedster who could challenge Guyton for a roster spot 

T: D.J. Humphries, Charles Leno, Cameron Erving - Leno is from Oakland, probably a big Raider fan. I'm all about adding talent on the OL. 

G: Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Gabe Jackson, Matt Feiler, Mark Glowinski, Phil Haynes- I wouldn't be mad at improving the depth or competition going into camp 

C- Nick Gates- Vegas kid. Maybe he would want to play his hometown team. 

DE/EDGE: Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Emmanuel Ogbah, Carl Lawson, Rasheem Green, Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Charles Harris- there's a few good DE options. If the plan is to play Wilson at DT, we could bring another talented edge. 

DT- Carlos Watkins, Nick Williams- not too much talent in this spot. I wouldn't be mad at adding one more vet. 

LB: Zach Cunningham, Tanner Muse 

LB/S: Jamal Adams, Keanu Neal - two hybrids who could be nice sub package players 

CB: Adoree Jackson, Stephon Gilmore, Xavien Howard, Ahkello Witherspoon, JC Jackson, Tre Herndon

S:  Quandre Diggs, John Johnson, Marcus Maye, Patrick Peterson, Jayron Kearse, Justin Evans, Rudy Ford, Adrian Amos, Tashaun Gipson, Tracy Walker, Eddie Jackson, Adrian Phillips -there's still plenty of talented safeties who could improve the talent level 

not too many cuts past 6/1- that is a way of the past. All those cuts are made early in free agency. 

*are players I feel like would be high impact. Other guys are just vets for camp competition 

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 6/9/2024 at 3:33 PM, Humble_Beast said:

wasn't he washed anyway? He kinda reminds me of Marcus Peters. I would much rather have Stephen Nelson or Adoree Jackson 

i think howard would be classified as injury prone but not washed up… one more year playing a handful of games until on the IR and he’d be washed up.  

id pass on him…. but im not fully believing the story … yet.  these mess with scandalous woman constantly.  the women see them as a meal ticket for life and when that ticket gets cancelled they can act crazy and lie to extremes unimaginable.  for the life of me i don’t understand why the players (the ones who do) set themselves up to be paying child support or payoffs just for some P*.  and i have no sympathy for them because the warning signs are always there.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

look at the film, tell me what you think? better camp invite than someone like Alex Bachman

I find it difficult tbh. He looks like an easy athlete, smooth and quick. On a few of those throws he literally had all day to throw and he did throw a few long passes noticeably short. Hard to tell on those plays just how much he’s doing things like going through progressions or looking off safeties.

I will say, he looks superficially like an NFL type QB,  size, decent arm, mobility and doesn’t look flustered. Not against bringing a guy like him in for a try out at all. 

I hear Anthony Brown has been doing quite well also in camp.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:36 PM, Humble_Beast said:

would it hurt to invite UFL MVP Adrian Martinez QB. Fresno kid

https://x.com/undisputed/status/1800186929998143962

I'd bring him in, sure. 

I thought he was stuck at some pretty lackluster programs in college, but I do like his tools. 

Could be a Jeff Garcia type, could be Jordan Te'Amu or whatever his name is that consistently shows up in the minor leagues but doesn't seem to ever be able to land a stable NFL gig. 

He would be cheap, he's got some mobility, and he may have progressed some as a passer since college. 

Ultimately, he's probably a poor man's Minshew, but that can still be useful. AOC, Minshew, Martinez on the 53 with Bradley on the PS wouldn't be the least exciting thing. It's as low risk as it gets since nobody destined to be cut anytime soon is worth bothering with. 

Bring him in, give him some reps, and if we aren't intrigued, cut him loose. If John Wolford can earn a spot on an NFL roster, no reason Adrian Martinez shouldn't get a look or two. 

• Like 2