2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

1,000,000% genuine....

Do we kick the tires on Desmond Ridder?  

Young, mobile, athletic, and on par/better with/than what we have now with a far higher ceiling.  

I think I’d want to take a look at Mike White first.  He’s looked pretty good in limited opportunities before

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I think I’d want to take a look at Mike White first.  He’s looked pretty good in limited opportunities before

I would jump all over Mike White. 

He never stood a chance in Miami with Skylar Thompson being more of a poor man's Tua. 

He was on some offensively bad Jets teams. 

At this point, he's worth a look. 

I'd also strongly look at Michael Pratt and Jack Plummer. 

Plummer had a pretty solid preseason and Pratt was figured to need a year or 2 before he was ready to make the NFL field. 

Nobody really Earth shattering, but there's definitely a few guys floating around worth a PS spot to see how they progress. Especially for a QB starved team. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Tyler Hall was cut by Philadelphia, I’d much rather him than Facyson who’s going to be injured anyway…….

Facyson back practicing yesterday hopefully that’s a good thing although I still expect us to move for a CB. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Should have signed Jameis or Darnold. Former high picks who have arms and have had moments in their career. Instead we get the late round clown Midshew. Punted another season with that move 

Sure, arm talent is nice to have. But neither Jameis or Darnold move the needle much. The season would still be a loss. You're not winning with those guys consistently. 

They didn't punt on the season. They are QB away from doing anything and that guy is still in college somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, arm talent is nice to have. But neither Jameis or Darnold move the needle much. The season would still be a loss. You're not winning with those guys consistently. 

They didn't punt on the season. They are QB away from doing anything and that guy is still in college somewhere. 

Somehow the team will still find a way to win enough games to miss out on said QB.

18 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Somehow the team will still find a way to win enough games to miss out on said QB.

I actually think we’re pretty well positioned - mainly as a lot of the really poor teams in the league have a young QB in place. 

Plus, I think this year’s batch has some really intriguing prospects - but no can’t miss guys at the top, while there are some very highly rated players in key positions to hopefully push them down further.

We have all our picks, a decent roster with some stars and after last night, we will likely comfortably be picking in range!

Plus the FO will know that they have to draft one this time. No more kicking the can…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Unfortunately the case. They have talent to win some games and be on the outside looking in. At some point they have to realize where they are at and commit to the draft. 

Monkeying around with AP last year was dumb. Davis should have said hey, you got the job, let's shut down Maxx and his knee and let AOC get reps. Instead he left it ambiguous and gave them something to play for which in turn screwed them out of draft position.

I get why you couldn't commit to AP right way, but it felt like they had no plan. Especially post season when they interviewed basically nobody. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Unfortunately the case. They have talent to win some games and be on the outside looking in. At some point they have to realize where they are at and commit to the draft. 

Monkeying around with AP last year was dumb. Davis should have said hey, you got the job, let's shut down Maxx and his knee and let AOC get reps. Instead he left it ambiguous and gave them something to play for which in turn screwed them out of draft position.

I get why you couldn't commit to AP right way, but it felt like they had no plan. Especially post season when they interviewed basically nobody. 

Wonder how much Davante Adams played a factor in like you wrote “ playing for something “. Adams should be unloaded sooner than later right ?