2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I wouldn't mind Fields for a low draft pick.

But I would still rather have Penix. He is the one that I think will still be there at #13.

Penix at 13 is just a flat out no-go for me. If we're going for someone not in the "Big 3" at 13, I would have to take Nix. Penix's age and injury history makes 13 too high for him IMO. I don't have any QB as a first rounder beyond the "big 3" so it would be a reach regardless.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Penix at 13 is just a flat out no-go for me. If we're going for someone not in the "Big 3" at 13, I would have to take Nix. Penix's age and injury history makes 13 too high for him IMO. I don't have any QB as a first rounder beyond the "big 3" so it would be a reach regardless.

I see what you are saying. Tua basically had a shattered hip going in to the draft and got drafted #5. Penix hasn't had a major injury in 2 years. And is physically more talented than Tua.

Nix has good physical tools, but I don't think he will be there at #13.

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

If Fields does get traded to the Raiders, it means that Getsy didn't mind him and that something else was going on with the Bears.

Basically saying the Bears organization was the issue. 

Just now, Steins Gate said:

If Fields does get traded to the Raiders, it means that Getsy didn't mind him and that something else was going on with the Bears.

I heard somewhere that Getsy was restricted on what he was allowed to do with him by leadership. No idea if true 

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I can't lie I don't like Getsy+Fields, but if the price comes down to a 4th or less we need to gamble of Fields in addition to going after a QB IMHO.

I'm with you. I don't like Fields myself but he's a decent upgrade over AOC, and doesn't hinder us from drafting QB. If it's for a 4th or later, I can see the logic. A 2nd would suck.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, massraider said:

BIlal got 3 years 21 mill from AZ.

LOL

I have no idea what they're thinking.  It's like they just threw a dart at a board and it was his face they hit so they said "fudge it, pull the trigger.  Offer that many stupid money for no fudging reason."