Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Still available...

RB - Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, JK Dobbins

OL - Jonah Williams, Trent Brown, Dalton Risner, Connor Williams

DL - Jadeveon Clowney, Josh Uche, Danielle Hunter, Arik Armstead, DJ Reader

LB - Patrick Queen, Devin White, Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner

CB - Stephen Gilmore, Kendall Fuller, Adoree Jackson, Tredavious White

What about Akhello Witherspoon CB, he had a good year last year with the Rams ? I’d gamble on Tre White as well tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Was hoping to wake up to the superstar news Hondo was talking about lol 

I’m in meetings all day and didn’t watch it yesterday. Can you give me a cliff note run down what he was eluding to? 

11 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’m in meetings all day and didn’t watch it yesterday. Can you give me a cliff note run down what he was eluding to? 

He just kept alluding to the fact that we weren’t done and could add another superstar. That we would be getting even better. Without mentioning names or positions. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He just kept alluding to the fact that we weren’t done and could add another superstar. That we would be getting even better. Without mentioning names or positions. 

He even picked up a phone call mid podcast and said something along the lines of "Ohh I wish I could break that right now but I can't, you'll probably hear about it tomorrow" lol.

Cryptic as hell but I enjoy his listens for the most part.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Redundant if you’re ready to crown Koonce as a guy and hand him an every down job for 17 games? I like that he finally flashed but I’d feel better with a proven DE across Maxx.. The same can be said for our 3rd LBer.. Diablo hasn’t been exactly dependable as 2 of the 3 LBers with health and inconsistency and i guess we could see another merry go round of Burney, Masterson and Butler as our 3rd LB but I wouldn’t call a Queen addition redundant or out of our price range due to the cap space still available and that could be freed up if needed by extensions.. Maxx is 26, Kolton 28, both only have 2-3 years left on current deals.. Add 2-3 years to each if needed and lower their respective 2024 figure.

Koonce is plenty good enough as a rotational pass rusher. And is ascending. You pay 25 mil for hunter and you’re gonna have to start letting people walk. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I really hope we extend Koonce soon. That would be A+. Dude quietly had one of the better second half pass-rushing seasons.

I’d add Hobbs and possibly Moehrig to that list. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Over the cap has the Raiders at 17.7 million that’s with Wilkins and Minshew. That’s also with Hoyer and Tillery still on the books as well. 

There numbers were off from the rip because they didn't account for the roll over

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Koonce is plenty good enough as a rotational pass rusher. And is ascending. You pay 25 mil for hunter and you’re gonna have to start letting people walk. 

Yep. 

Adding more superstar DL guys would be nifty, sure, but a lot of them aren't going to be around long term. We gotta keep roster and cap space available for the guys we plan on keeping around long term. 

Aside from the draft, I would back off the DL for now and focus on OL and the secondary, a RB, and maybe a WR if a steal pops up in FA (I assume Adams, Meyers, and Tucker are set, but beyond them.....) 

Right now, my wish list goes:

RB: Josh Kelley or AJ Dillon, preferably Dillon

WR: DJ Chark or Cedric Wilson. They'd be more than serviceable WR3/4 types. Have produced but neither is a star with a big payday looming. 

OL: Anyone who can play RT and/or RG. Probably a draft need more than a FA one given who is available.

LB: Devin White, Devin Bush, Shaq Quaterman, Troy Dye, Krys Barnes. Draft is probably more palatable for a "stud" LB, but it's time Deablo has some legit competition at least and depth is a bonus. 

CB: Adoree Jackson, Steven Nelson, Ahkello Witherspoon, Trayvon Mullen

I don't really know their individual market values, but if we could grab 3 or 4 of the guys listed above, we should be in alright shape heading into the draft. QB1 is still the premier need, but it would be nice to be able to open up the draft a bit and look for upgrades on serviceable talent instead of hoping our 5th round whatever is a stud to fill in a pressing need. 

My targets

RG: Zeiter, Van Wroten, Dalton Risner , Vaitai, Whitehair, Wynn

RT: Mekhi Becton, Andrus Peat, Chris Hubbard, George Fant

DT: Armstead, Reader, Shelby Harris, Sheldon Rankins 

LB: Patrick Queen, Devin White, Isaiah Simmons, Tyrel Dodson

CB: Fuller, Tre White , Adoree Jackson